Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Re: [ERC] Rallye du Valais 2013

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts

Summary from CraigBreen.com:

Runner-up spot up for grabs on the ERC finale

While the identity of the FIA European Rally Championship winner for 2013 is already known, the battle for the coveted runner-up spot remains wide-open heading to the season finale in Switzerland next month.

After 11 rounds, Bryan Bouffier occupies second spot behind first-placed Jan Kopecký. But with Craig Breen 26 points adrift of Bouffier, it’s still all to play for in the chase for second place.

However, while Breen has long since confirmed his participation on Rallye International du Valais, Bouffier is unable to take part when the event takes place from 7-9 November.

Breen determined to show true ERC speed in Switzerland

Craig Breen will start round 12 of the 2013 FIA European Rally Championship in Switzerland aiming to bounce back from frustrating trips to Poland and Italy recently.

Breen was tipped as a contender for victory on LOTOS 70 Rally Poland and Rallye Sanremo but suffered misfortune on both occasions, slipping behind Bryan Bouffier in the overall ERC standings as a result. He hopes to show his pace and bag a top result on Rallye International du Valais, which takes place between Sion and Martigny from 7-9 November.

“I really wanted to win Sanremo, put in some good stage times and prove to everyone I could do it but it wasn’t to be,” said the Peugeot Rally Academy driver. “In terms of being frustrating, Sanremo was eight out of 10, while Poland was 10 and of 10 so this is not as bad. But now I need to rethink and go again.”

Breen’s challenge for victory in Sanremo was wrecked by an off on the first Ronde night stage that left his Peugeot 207 Super 2000 too badly damaged to continue to the finish of the leg. Although he restarted on day two, steering rack and brake problems hampered his true pace.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Rallye du Valais Strong Entry List:

http://www.riv.ch/fr/le-rallye/informat ... s-engage-s[/quote]

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts

Considering the fact that it's the last round, the championship is decided, there are too many rounds in the ERC, Switzerland is an unfriendly country for this sport, it is not a bad entry list. Only one driver is missing - Bryan Bouffier. Without Bouffier it should be easy for Breen to take over the 2nd place in ERC. Second place in Valais should be enough to do it.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I do not understand Jarek Z his statement.

The Valais Switzerland or rather is the right country for the sport.
    There we were concerned about safety and scenic it is a great rally.

Also the routes are very demanding.

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts

I had a Swiss friend, who told me that there is no interest in rallying among the official car dealers in Switzerland, no big sponsors etc. And I think he is right. It's one of the richest countries in Europe, but half of the entry list are small cars of class 6,8 and 9. It's the country of bankers, isn't it?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts

Circuit racing is even forbidden by law in Switzerland.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    I had a Swiss friend, who told me that there is no interest in rallying among the official car dealers in Switzerland, no big sponsors etc. And I think he is right. It's one of the richest countries in Europe, but half of the entry list are small cars of class 6,8 and 9. It's the country of bankers, isn't it?
    I dont agree. Entry list there is good, better than in Austria or Germany. And there is also lot of local sponsors, support of local authorities is perfect, lot of spectators too...

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I agree with pluto

Liked 87 Times in 46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    I dont agree. Entry list there is good, better than in Austria or Germany. And there is also lot of local sponsors, support of local authorities is perfect, lot of spectators too...
    Pluto I don´t agree with you, that the entry list from Rally Valais is better than the Jänner Rally´s entry list from this year. Although the date for Jänner Rallye is anything than ideal, they had one of the better entries of this year´s ERC.