Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Re: Donkey-san of the race

Quote Originally Posted by tjoepie
    I was referring to the unsafe release... Are we talking about different incidents?
    Obviously, sorry. I thought you're talking about the incident at Spoon. BTW, it looks as if the unsafe release was Rosberg's mistake not the team's. The light wasn't green yet, but blinking yellow when he took off out of the pits.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Obviously, sorry. I thought you're talking about the incident at Spoon. BTW, it looks as if the unsafe release was Rosberg's mistake not the team's. The light wasn't green yet, but blinking yellow when he took off out of the pits.
    Ah, yay. It looks like I nominated my own driver for donkey of the race then.

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

So, how come, when Romain s aggressive at the start he is reckless, but when Lewis does it he is unlucky?

Because Fanboyz are blind, presumably.

Hamilton tried to force his way into a gap that was never going to be there. Sebastian can't evaporate into thin air Lewis. Perhaps if you had intelligence you would know that.

Reckless endangerment of others is a sure sign of a thugs mentality.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    So, how come, when Romain s aggressive at the start he is reckless, but when Lewis does it he is unlucky?

Hamilton tried to force his way into a gap that was never going to be there. Sebastian can't evaporate into thin air Lewis. Perhaps if you had intelligence you would know that.

I'm probably the last to be accused of being a Hamilton fanboi, but there is simply no way to compare Spa '12 and today's race. RoGro almost got a competitor killed by reckless and mindless driving, while Lewis merely made an error of judgement, when he was boxed in between the two RB's. He damaged Vettels front wing, but the most damage was done to himself.

Those small mistakes happen in the hectic starts. Remember Fernando at Malaysia, when he cluttered into Vettel?
    RoGro last year often drove at the start as if he was playing an arcade game with an invincible cheat.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

Veber is the ultimate donkey, if he couldn't win with such opportunity, what more will he need to achieve it before the season ends?
    Mercedes for perhaps the unsafest release I've seen from a looong time.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Red Bull for being completely focused on ONE driver. The tactics used for Webber ensured he had no chance of beating Vettel. Mercedes car controller for not bothering to look and see if the lane was clear before releasing Nico

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

pfft come on, webbo couldnt overtake a two-stopper for 7 laps, while vettel did it immediately. and why do you think webber pitted 3 laps earlier in the first stint? - he finished his tyres because of his own lower downforce settings

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    Red Bull for being completely focused on ONE driver. The tactics used for Webber ensured he had no chance of beating Vettel. Mercedes car controller for not bothering to look and see if the lane was clear before releasing Nico
    According to that bit of logic, Ferrari would have had to be donkey of the race each and every time since the 1996 Australian GP
    Ever heard of tactics? They were 2 RBs vs 1 Lotus. Had they left both on a 2-stopper, there was a 50% chance that Lotus manage to cover them an RoGro wins. By switching one car to a 3 stopper, Lotus had to decide whether to cover Webber or Vettel, so almost a 100% chance that at least one of them would be ahead of RoGro at the end, since he can't cover two cars on different strategies. Lotus took the bait and lost out.
    I agree with you they were focused on one driver only - his name is Romain Grosjean, because that's the guy they wanted to beat - and they did.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica

This is total rubbish, if Grosjean hadn't had an amazing start Hamilton would've been in second in Turn 1. In the end it was a racing incident and claiming he is a thug is frankly ridiculous.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    pfft come on, webbo couldnt overtake a two-stopper for 7 laps, while vettel did it immediately. and why do you think webber pitted 3 laps earlier in the first stint? - he finished his tyres because of his own lower downforce settings
    I agree that if you compare Webber to Vettel, there is quite frankly no comparison, Vettel is a far better driver than Mark, this is not really a shot at Webber, just a simple fact. I would suggest that the decision to 3 stop Webber was put in place before the start of the race, assuming that Webber was going to be ahead and able to gap the field, but as has become his custom, he had an average start and was unable to carry out the plan.