Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    the buck stops with Nick Fry - get out the hook and yank is ass outta there
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with you, fousto.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jenson Botton, can be WDC Honda is having a very bad season. In reality their have to forget about this year and forces on next year. Honda have the finance and know how to turn things around.

My personal opinion is Jenson should have stay with William. That 30 million pounds would have gone in to developing him a better car, then taking that money to buying himself out of his William contract. Next year could be the turning point but last year Honda was progressing so well. All I can say don't write Jenson off

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    thanks gannex - I never could figure out how he got the job anyway - Also yank that Nakamoron out of there too. This team has too much money to be groveling around back in 15th
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    Also, if Honda thought Davidson input was THAT valuable, they would have put him in the race seat, rather than spend millions on a long term contract for Rubens, an ageing driver, either that or they thought he was so bad a driver, keeping him just for his input wouldn't outway his lack of pace.
    But there were other factors in play when Honda signed Rubens. At that point, Honda was not sure that Button might not go to Williams for 2006. Rubens was signed as a possible #1 for that year, should Williams not settle for financial compensation.

Was signing Rubens the best move Honda could have made? That is certainly open to debate. But I understand not being willing to bet on Davidson as #1 in his first full F1 season, and then not being willing to simply flush the money paid Rubens.

ClarkFan

P.S. And fouston hit the nail on the head. Fry is the constant factor in team management through three seasons with bad starts. :\
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The truth of the matter is that the future does not look bright for Jenson Button. Even if he could get out of his contract with Honda (and lets face it if anyone can get out of a contract it's Jenson) there don't look like being any vacancies at the top teams for the foreseeable future. So it looks like he's stuck with Honda and needs to pray that they can get out of the big mess they're currently in.

As others have said in this thread, Honda team personnel needs to change. Who? I tend to agree that it should be Fry (if he's really the one who calls the shots). The team needs to bring in someone who can identify the reasons for the team's poor performance and who is able to attract the right people to rectify the situation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    buttons problem is honda, button is a mid pack driver, what do mid pack drivers needto shine? a kick ass car.

honda fired or chose not to resign willis, villeneuve and davidson and brought instead fry sato and barrichello.

willis was the only guy that could design a chassis to save honda. probably they were too good for him. then they bring gil de ferran who signs barrichello go figure.
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    what future?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlenis
    what future?
    Well, he's a 27 year old man with almost 4 years remaining on an F1 contract with a major manufacturer. I'd say that he has a brighter future than most.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    I'm sure Honda will miss Davidson's valuable input, but I don't think that his departure can be blamed for the wretched RA107. F1 design is far too complicated to blame a fundamentally badly-designed car solely on a change of test driver.
    Just as it is to state that a great car is only great because of its test driver. I don't think anyone would ever suggest that, so why does it work the other way round?