Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Re: 2013 Japanese GP

Lotus flying!!

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Poor Vettel. KERS failure.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Webber on pole, hopefully the stewards don't decide to dish out a penalty.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Perez was on his inlap, so Mark didn't really block him. A penalty would be ridiculous. Vettel without Kers still faster than the Mercs. Looks like the other teams have given up for good. Should give them a bit of a headstart over RB in 2014 development though.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

I've just realized that Alonso is beating Massa on qualifying performances but he's just 9-6, which is quite worse than in the previous years. However, in race performances, he's beating Felipe 13-1 and that 1 is from Malaysia. So here's a question - is it possible that Zo is finding setups more suited for race performance whereas Massa looks for outright single-lap speed? I'm not really sure this would tell the whole story but then again I wouldn't expect Alonso to have had his worst face-to-face qualifying record in Ferrari so far for no reason, specially when he's pounding Massa in the races.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I've just realized that Alonso is beating Massa on qualifying performances but he's just 9-6, which is quite worse than in the previous years. However, in race performances, he's beating Felipe 13-1 and that 1 is from Malaysia. So here's a question - is it possible that Zo is finding setups more suited for race performance whereas Massa looks for outright single-lap speed? I'm not really sure this would tell the whole story but then again I wouldn't expect Alonso to have had his worst face-to-face qualifying record in Ferrari so far for no reason, specially when he's pounding Massa in the races.
    There is more than one variable in that equation. First of all, Alonso isn't the fastest driver over a single lap. Hamilton and Vettel are probably better in that regard. Another thing is, that Alonso's race results are somewhat over-inflated. He made most of his progress on the starts. He often gained a lot of positions at the start and then stayed there for the rest of the race or make up only one further position. On top of that you have the horrible bad luck of Massa: pitted too late in China, blown tyre in Bahrain, guinea pig and subsequent crash in Monaco, gear box failure in Germany, another strategy fail by the team in belgium Q3, having to move over for Alonso in Italy. He makes Mark look like the luckiest driver of the lot...

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    There is more than one variable in that equation. First of all, Alonso isn't the fastest driver over a single lap. Hamilton and Vettel are probably better in that regard. Another thing is, that Alonso's race results are somewhat over-inflated. He made most of his progress on the starts. He often gained a lot of positions at the start and then stayed there for the rest of the race or make up only one further position. On top of that you have the horrible bad luck of Massa: pitted too late in China, blown tyre in Bahrain, guinea pig and subsequent crash in Monaco, gear box failure in Germany, another strategy fail by the team in belgium Q3, having to move over for Alonso in Italy. He makes Mark look like the luckiest driver of the lot...
    Fair enough, you make quite a few good points there! I was convinced that my theory wouldn't explain everything and I sure ignored quite a few inconvenient facts.

I'm also quite sure that they compromise the quali of Alonso in favour of a race-optimized setup. ALO usually makes up 3 positions at the start so they can sacrifice a few positions in Q3 to optimize his pace on Sunday. Having MAS ahead gives them more strategic options, too.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

I had forgotten there was a race this weekend, in fact I've lost track of the days this week lol. Bonus and I think I'm home for this one! Love Suzuka a real drivers circuit. Vettel for the win again I fear, he always goes well here. Still this track provides some good overtaking with its fast straights and slow cornering, anything could happen

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

OK, explain to me again how it's all a conspiracy against Mark Webber...