Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I think if Mark manages to actually run second toward the end of a race, he'll win one. I think Vettel is the sort of guy, who would give back the seven points from Malaysia. He didn't know then if 7 points could make the difference at the end (as has happened in two of his three titles). Now that he's safely ahead, I think he would let Mark pass.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Really compelling argument, Koz. I'm impressed
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

That facepalm might have been referring to that scenario you paint as a gift box , with nothing inside it , not unlike the red shoe pushing Rubinho onto the top step .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    That facepalm might have been referring to that scenario you paint as a gift box , with nothing inside it , not unlike the red shoe pushing Rubinho onto the top step .
    I'm not so sure if Mark wouldn't fancy a final win, even if he was gifted it. After all what's the difference of winning because your team mate gets told not to overtake and winning because your team mate waves you by? At least in the latter case it would be the team mates own will instead of being ordered by the team. And I think it would be a fitting gesture. Both seem to mellow a bit now that they know they won't have to see each other's faces again next year. Mark has defended VET twice against the booing and the TC rumours and I'm pretty sure Vettel would give the 'stolen' win back if given the chance.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts

If Webber was sticking around next year, I think Vettel would consider gifting a win at this late stage just incase he needed a favour back in the future. But as it stands with Mark leaving next year, I don't think it will happen.
    I didn't watch it, but my son told me that Mark was on Topgear the other day. My son told me he got the impression that the two of them (Vettel & webber) still don't really get along. Oh - Mark also said he never listens to team orders (I told my son he might have to take that with a grain of salt). If true, he shouldn't expect Vettel to follow team orders either, so neither of them should be feeling that a 'gift' should be forthcoming.

He's said the 'I don't follow team orders' bit several times, for instance in the post-race press conference after ignoring the order not to attack VET at Silverstone '11, which made Mark's 'being upset' after Malaysia this year more than just a little hypocritical. The TopGear appearance was earlier this year, so your son probably saw a re-run.
    They'll probably never get along, but at least there seem a little less hostility than at the start of the season. I'd still think it would be the right thing to do to give him a final win if the chance presents ifself, but in the end it's VET's decision to make and now that he doesn't need the points anymore I could see him do it. After all, nobody could have expected that he would be 60 points clear at this time of the season as Lotus and Ferrari were much closer to RB in the early races.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Classic Kimi:
    "I hit the wall"
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151693545902536
    Need a Face book account, Kimi Man!!
    May the forza be with you

Well, he would certainly never hit the character limit for his posts

But those team radios are real classics. Everyone else would have started how the backend got lose, yadda yadda. Kimi just tells it like it is

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Well, he would certainly never hit the character limit for his posts

But those team radios are real classics. Everyone else would have started how the backend got lose, yadda yadda. Kimi just tells it like it is
    Yep!!!!
    Could be in for seversl spins from assorted drivers if the rain shows up Sunday....dawg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTH5VY00I8w
    May the forza be with you