Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

But Korea has got Seoul.

I'll get my coat.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Certainly, the track itself is somewhat lacking in Natural Born Charisma. Other than the first section with long straights, I struggle to remember the layout.

But, at my age, there are a lot of things I struggle to remember.

Like wearing trousers and underpants on public transport.

At least that was what I told the Judge.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    My only expectation of this race is that the winner will be Vettel. Hopefully we will get some gutsy drives a bit further back, but we need it at Korea as it is possibly the most soulless place on the calendar IMO. Vettel will win dominantly with Alonso and Hamilton filling up the rest of the podium. Just my prediction.
    Cant argue with Korea being soulless.

I suspect too that Seb will be way ahead.
    I actually like the track the way it flows. Its one on my favourites on the F1 games as it challenges the driver, but the scenery and apparent atmosphere as described by visitors suggests its all a bit of a nothing place for a race. It doesn't seem to attract the type of passion you see at races in Germany, Britain, Italy or even Japan. I think location has a lot to do with it too. Fuji didn't attract the same type of atmosphere Suzuka does for example as its way out in the sticks. Istanbul Park was a lovely circuit, but again had a bad atmosphere. I know drivers don't need that necessarily when they at strapped into their cars at 190mph, but its all part of the experience. There's nothing worse than racing past empty grandstands, and some of these tracks, including China are very guilty of this. Still it pays for the sport and we have to sacrifice some of the magic in order to keep things afloat.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

The Yeongham circuit isn't too bad once I tried it out on a computer game some time ago, but from an outsider/spectator point of view it seems different and not so interesting.

Soul or not, but the main issue is imo the excitement of racing in F1. Belgian and Italian Grands Prix took place in traditional places, but still not much was going on in the race. I'd rather watch an exciting race in a "soulless" place, especially as I am not a spectator in the stands, but want to see on-track action via TV. Unfortunately chances are not too big Korean Grand Prix is going to be particularly exciting in dry conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    Certainly, the track itself is somewhat lacking in Natural Born Charisma. Other than the first section with long straights, I struggle to remember the layout.

But, at my age, there are a lot of things I struggle to remember.

Like wearing trousers and underpants on public transport.

At least that was what I told the Judge.

Good that we have got sense of humour here even if not much is going on on the track!

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    The Yeongham circuit isn't too bad once I tried it out on a computer game some time ago, but from an outsider/spectator point of view it seems different and not so interesting.

Soul or not, but the main issue is imo the excitement of racing in F1. Belgian and Italian Grands Prix took place in traditional places, but still not much was going on in the race. I'd rather watch an exciting race in a "soulless" place, especially as I am not a spectator in the stands, but want to see on-track action via TV. Unfortunately chances are not too big Korean Grand Prix is going to be particularly exciting in dry conditions...
    I hope we have an exciting race, I just have my doubts unless as you say it is raining, or we have a surprise at the front. Vettel has been the best driver at this circuit since its appearance on the calendar and really should be a triple winner of it. It was just sheer bad luck he retired in 2010 whilst doing his usual dominance from the front. Based on current form, I think it is highly unlikely we'll see anybody but Vettel on the top step of the podium this year in Korea. We have had some exciting racing here in the past however. Hamilton and Alonso have both been excellent here and lets hope they are fighting for second on Sunday.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Great. Based on the comments above, the lame duck season has arrived. Any recommendations regarding what to watch until the 2014 season starts?

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Great. Based on the comments above, the lame duck season has arrived. Any recommendations regarding what to watch until the 2014 season starts?
    It might be worth judging the season on how you see it rather than basing it on comments here. I, like most will be watching the season until it ends.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    It might be worth judging the season on how you see it rather than basing it on comments here. I, like most will be watching the season until it ends.
    Absolutely Hennie', sorry someone that is supposedly new questioned your appreciation of F1 on another thread but I enjoy most of what you post about F1, however you can become in sufferable when you go on about The Boss.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

One interesting issue to settle is whether anyone other than Vettel still has a chance to win a GP in 2013. I can see this happen only if RedBull makes a mistake in qualifying or the Renault engine fails.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

One interesting issue to settle is whether anyone other than Vettel still has a chance to win a GP in 2013. I can see this happen only if RedBull makes a mistake in qualifying or the Renault engine fails.
    I think if Mark manages to actually run second toward the end of a race, he'll win one. I think Vettel is the sort of guy, who would give back the seven points from Malaysia. He didn't know then if 7 points could make the difference at the end (as has happened in two of his three titles). Now that he's safely ahead, I think he would let Mark pass.

RB's very short gear ratio could also become a problem on some tracks like Austin, Suzuka and Interlagos.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю