Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

That was part of my point... we both got punked by Alonso going the wrong direction.

It's rare for him to get passed so many times on track. Quite a few cars had pace over him this race it seems. His strange exits were obviously trying to save the tires, but even then got extreme.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    That was part of my point... we both got punked by Alonso going the wrong direction.

It's rare for him to get passed so many times on track. Quite a few cars had pace over him this race it seems. His strange exits were obviously trying to save the tires, but even then got extreme.
    Yep, I agree with your post in its entirety.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears
    Are Bathurst and the Nurburgring Nordschliefe similarly poorly designed? Drivers can't pass for most of the lap on those circuits either.
    Are you serious? If you can't overtake on the Nordschleife, maybe you shouldn't be driving it. Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz, Wehrseiffen, Breidscheidt, Bergwerk, Hedwigshöhe, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz and Galgenkopf are all prime overtaking spots.
    Perhaps on a trackday when passing sunday drivers, but absolutely not in anything resembling a modern F1 car.

What are you talking about? Comparing the Ring to a Tilkedrome is ridiculous.
    Only if you colossally missed the point. Which you did. My point is that I don't think tracks should be judged as good or bad based purely on the number of overtaking opportunities available to modern F1 cars. That's the kind of mentality that leads to the same dull slow corner-long straight-slow corner circuits that are popping up in grands prix now.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Are Bathurst and the Nurburgring Nordschliefe similarly poorly designed? Drivers can't pass for most of the lap on those circuits either.
    Are you serious? If you can't overtake on the Nordschleife, maybe you shouldn't be driving it. Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz, Wehrseiffen, Breidscheidt, Bergwerk, Hedwigshöhe, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz and Galgenkopf are all prime overtaking spots.
    Perhaps on a trackday when passing sunday drivers, but absolutely not in anything resembling a modern F1 car.
    You wouldn't make it past Quiddelbacher Höhe in a modern F1 car as the suspension would break upon impact after the car has been airborn, nevermind that you would probably land in the armco anyways. There is a reason why Schumacher and Heidfeld drove around the Nordschleife like old men in a Volvo on their demonstration runs.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

[quote=dj_bytedisaster]
    Quote Originally Posted by "dj_bytedisaster":3ggrv8aw

You wouldn't make it past Quiddelbacher Höhe in a modern F1 car as the suspension would break upon impact after the car has been airborn, nevermind that you would probably land in the armco anyways. There is a reason why Schumacher and Heidfeld drove around the Nordschleife like old men in a Volvo on their demonstration runs.[/quote:3ggrv8aw]

That much is obvious and does not detract from the point I made.