Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
Quote Originally Posted by webberf1

I'm not for a second thinking Obama is the one looking for compromise, it's just that he happens to be the prize pig in charge of this exercise in snidery. There honestly is no difference between the two parties and this Congress merely serves as further proof. Both sides have pretty well much been willfully negligent for quite some time now, yet the American people still vote for them for some bizarre reason.
I don't think either party is really looking for compromise, and the number of politicians really looking at long term solutions is also very few IMO. There is plenty of blame to go around and really they are doing nothing but further screwing the younger generations. We need people that have the backbone to look at facts and start dealing with the real situation.

Obamacare IMO is just one of many major issues that needs a solution other than promising something we can't fund. We need to either cut a lot of programs, raise a lot of tax money, or find a middle ground.

The posturing going on right now is beyond embarrassing. They went out of their way to provide park personnel to try to keep WWII vets out of the WWII memorial.... a memorial that is normally open even when not staffed. As a note, some US parks operate at a slight profit, but they still just close them all. How stupid is that?

I personally think we should lock them in without pay until they balance the budget, regardless of what method they use. And though the Republicans have been idiots, the Democrats have been just as great of idiots in this situation. Quite a few things would have been funded without question, but both parties are taking on a no negotiation, no compromise attitude. My 14 year old shakes her head at the stupidity we are seeing right now.