Thread: 2013 MavTV 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2013 MavTV 500

I attended the California Speedway test on Tuesday, October 24. Attendees were given a little card advertising a ticket package for $35 that included General Admission ($30 presale/$35 at the gate), pit/paddock pass ($25 value), and parking (Speedway parking is always free).

Seems like a good deal, right? What isn't stated until you're about to pay on the speedway's website is a $15 fee for the ticket package, whether you have it mailed to you or left at Will Call. So in reality, you're only saving $5. That just irked me for some reason. Oh well, $5 saved means with my $60 ticket budget I can buy a hot dog! =)

I wonder if the crowd will be bigger than last year. I think last year's heat wave limited the amount of people showing up. I brought 3 500ml water bottles with me but still ended up buying 4 bottles of Gatorade throughout the day because it was so hot.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: 2013 MavTV 500

So I just read about this rule where cars going through more than 5 engine changes aren't eligible to score points for the manufacturers. I didn't even know about this until I saw an article on racer.com.

Did any of you guys know about this rule?
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: 2013 MavTV 500

Yes, in fact Honda had 7 cars that weren't eligible for manu points in the penultimate race