Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Re: BTCC 2013 - Title Showdown

Well deserved win and I'm just glad that it wasn't Shedden. Jordan strikes me as one of the nicest chaps on the grid and also a consistently quality driver.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Very good championship win for Jordan but also a very good performance from Plato winning races 1 & 2 and Jack Goff for coming 2nd in very wet conditions in race 3.

The predictions I made last week were correct.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What you predicted Goff would get a podium :P

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

No, I predicted that Jordan would win the championship without winning a race at Brands Hatch and he didn't even get a podium.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts

Only just got round to watching the season finale. With the exception of some pushing at Oulton Park, Jordan won his title cleanly, and that I think is good news.

Generally a pretty good season, though with the usual caveat about boost levels. It did amuse me to see Shedden winning at Silverstone after all the Honda whinging there about the boost. Other than that, the bright spots were Austin's Rockingham victory (though, other than Knockhill and the Brands opener, he didn't really show the same pace anywhere else), Turkington's return, Tordoff's debut season and Morgan's consistent form. Elsewhere, I thought Aron Smith showed himself a serious contender despite the Ford's lack of early-season pace, Jack Goff deserves a better BTCC opportunity, and Jake Hill could well be a star of the future. Notable disappointments were Motorbase in the first half of the season, Wrathall, Newsham, and above all Collard, who had an awful lot of bad luck but was otherwise blown away by Turkington in just the same way as he was the last time they were team-mates in '06.