Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: 2014 Silly season

IndyCar owners sign new executives for motorsport division
    By Mark Glendenning Thursday, November 7th 2013, 17:42 GMT

Indianapolis 500 2013

Hulman and Co CEO Mark Miles has completed the formation of the leadership team that will steer the company's motorsport division, which includes the IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Former Ford marketing executive CJ O'Donnell has been named as Hulman Motorsports' chief marketing officer, while Jay Frye, whose motorsport experience includes setting up the Red Bull NASCAR team, will serve as chief revenue officer.

"We've set a new strategic direction for our motorsports entities, and Jay and C.J. are both top performers who will help us take big leaps forward," Miles said.

"Among their immediate goals are to add sponsors for INDYCAR and IMS, improve our level of fan engagement and develop strategies to build alignment among our teams, drivers, venues and sponsors.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of new engine suppliers.
    Cosworth engineers were in the pits at Mid-Ohio this year, so I asked!
    Will Cosworth be back in Indycar in 2014.
    The response was that is their goal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who owns Cosworth these days? Is it still Kevin? I am guessing they would have to find a "dance partner" in this as they have done in the recent past.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by mike15
    Speaking of new engine suppliers.
    Cosworth engineers were in the pits at Mid-Ohio this year, so I asked!
    Will Cosworth be back in Indycar in 2014.
    The response was that is their goal.
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Mike Conway joins Carpenter team for road and street IndyCar races Mark Glendenning
    Mike Conway has joined Ed Carpenter Racing for the 2014 IndyCar season, with the Briton set to be the team's driver on road and street courses.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111358/ - Published 15 November 2013

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    The problem is that all of this negativity becomes a big self-fulfilling prophecy - the more we point out the bad, the more bad there is to point out…
    Yep.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Since there was no thread or posts about the season ending, champeenship deciding race, it appeared that nobody cared

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guess that would include you as well?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer
    Since there was no thread or posts about the season ending, champeenship deciding race, it appeared that nobody cared
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

That's an affirmative from me. I remember looking at the wiki page thinking "Huh, finally Castroneves is going to win a title." I can't say I was surprised to hear that Dixon had won. "As if Castroneves was going to win it. 14 years (In a Penske) and counting". He's underachieved with that team.

I did see some footage of the series ending race. I was stunned, despite having low expectations in the first place, of how small the crowd was! Barely more than the attendance for amateur level races in Australia! Tony George has done a fantastic job ruining Indy racing. When does he get his commission from Nascar?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Guess that would include you as well?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer
    I just so happen to be one of the two who posted anything about the penultimate race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the general problem is that this forum seems to be dying down/out for reasons unknown….