Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: 2014 Silly season

Mike King out as IMS broadcaster. Wow, condensation is taking it's toll...

No IMS Radio Network 'ceptin' Indy...
    ...is one of the rumors. Heard this, actually, late last year as an eventuality. Heard IMSRM would be up and running for Indy only.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ibj.com 8/2012
    Kellogg's rolls out IndyCar-branded cereal nationwide
    Direct-to-consumer marketing of star drivers could be just what the series needs to boost interest, TV ratings.

http://www.totallytarget.com/2012/11/26 ... w-as-free/
    Watch for the limited edition 10.9 oz boxes of Kellogg’s Vroom Cereal being found on clearance stores for as low as $1 each. I’ve gotten several e-mails & comments- plus Kelley & I also both found them for $1 at our stores yesterday. Clearanced Kellogg’s Vroom Cereal = as low as FREE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gheesh, enough with the negative Nancy stuff….

One can choose to look at many thing in the world today with a negative eye and they would be right about 90% of it (including much of what you say in your posts)…

The problem is that all of this negativity becomes a big self-fulfilling prophecy - the more we point out the bad, the more bad there is to point out…

I like Indycars. I know there are myriad problems for the series and I am not at all convinced the "good old days" ever truly existed. The fact of the matter is the AOWR has always been effed up somehow or another.

I am a fan. I am happy to hear more good news than normal by this time of year. I am concerned about the future of my chosen sport/form on entertainment but to paraphrase Jean-Luc Picard "it must stop HERE". If all we can do is complain about everything and point out all the bad stuff, it isn't going to get better, ever….

This sport is never going to live up to the inflated expectations of those of us who long for the "good old days" - we can't even agree what was the "good old days"…. Can't we just accept that we have some great racing by great drivers on great tracks RIGHT NOW?? If we don't there won't be any future seasons to wax poetically about 20 years down the road…..

excuse me for a minute while I climb off my soapbox….

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer
    ibj.com 8/2012
    Kellogg's rolls out IndyCar-branded cereal nationwide
    Direct-to-consumer marketing of star drivers could be just what the series needs to boost interest, TV ratings.

http://www.totallytarget.com/2012/11/26 ... w-as-free/
    Watch for the limited edition 10.9 oz boxes of Kellogg’s Vroom Cereal being found on clearance stores for as low as $1 each. I’ve gotten several e-mails & comments- plus Kelley & I also both found them for $1 at our stores yesterday. Clearanced Kellogg’s Vroom Cereal = as low as FREE

Exactly what does a story from a year ago have to do with the topic of this thread. I am contemplating creating a new thread called "a rant on all that is wrong with Indycar including old dredged up year old stories and threads" and moving some messages to it.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rahal team signs top IndyCar engineer Bill Pappas from Dale Coyne
    By Mark Glendenning Thursday, October 31st 2013, 19:19 GMT

Veteran IndyCar race engineer Bill Pappas has joined Rahal Letterman Lanigan, where he will oversee Graham Rahal's car.

Pappas' 25-year career has included stints at Roush Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing, Hall Racing, Walker Racing, Panther Racing, and most recently Dale Coyne Racing, where he spent the past two seasons working with Justin Wilson.

He engineered Gil de Ferran to CART rookie of the year honours in 1995, and supervised Juan Pablo Montoya's Indianapolis 500 win in 2000.

"I'm excited that Bill is joining the team," said Rahal. "He brings not only a wealth of experience, and Indy 500 wins as well as others, he can really help take our team and engineering staff to the next level.

"I've known Bill a long time. We have had opportunities to work together before but it just didn't fall into place until now."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111012/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Pocono IndyCar race extended to 500 miles for 2014
    By Mark Glendenning Saturday, October 26th 2013, 05:52 GMT

The 2014 IndyCar race at Pocono has been extended to 500 miles.

The revised distance adds 100 miles, or 40 laps, to the race length used when the circuit returned to the IndyCar calendar this year.

"I'm very excited about these changes for 2014," said Brandon Igdalsky, Pocono Raceway President and CEO. "After last year's IndyCar Series race, droves of open-wheel fans immediately took to our social media channels, sent emails, called us to let us know they wanted more."

Newly-crowned series champion Scott Dixon, whose Pocono win in July triggered the late-season surge that ultimately delivered him the title, welcomed the change.

"It will certainly change the race strategy at Pocono next year, for sure," he said. "This year's race was highly competitive, and the addition of 100 miles is going to make it even better."

The change also means that all three of the events that make up IndyCar's Triple Crown - Indianapolis. Pocono and Fontana - will be 500 mile races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So as of October 26, 2013 we (Indycar Family and Fans) have a true Triple Crown again after all these years. Good news is out there just have to look for it....

Unlike negative Nancy .... bugeyedgomer or Brian Carroccio
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dragon is gone and so too McAfee and True Car. Stair Lifts or whatever they are called may also take their money and go elsewhere with James Jakes the son of the owner.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Falken Tire says it will run in GTLM class of United Sports Car Championship next season & Derrick Walker will return as team manager.