Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2014 TUDOR USCS Schedule

Here 'tis:

http://www.alms.com/articles/tudor-unit ... e-released

Jan. 25-26: Daytona International Speedway (24 hours)
    March 15 Sebring International Raceway (12 hours)
    April 12 Long Beach (2 hours) (Prototype and GTLM only)
    May 4 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
    May 31: Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
    June 29: Watkins Glen International (6 hours)
    July 13: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
    July 25: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    Aug. 10: Road America
    Aug. 24: Virginia International Raceway (GTLM/GTD race; PC race)
    Sept. 20: Circuit of The Americas
    Oct. 4: Road Atlanta (10 hours/1000 miles)

Each class races in 11 of the 12 races.

The tracks that are out:
    Barber Motorsports Park
    Baltimore street course
    Lime Rock (goes from 2 race weekends to zero)
    Kansas Speedway
    Mid-Ohio
    Don't take life seriously; you'll never get out of it alive!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: 2014 TUDOR USCS Schedule

I would like to see Lime Rock and Mid O added at some point in the next few years. Obviously, Baltimore is out since no race is being held. I can see that Barber is close enough to Road Atlanta that it would lose out, plus it's pretty much a support race to Indycar. I'm also glad that VIR is still in the mix, I haven't had the chance to get up there yet and I haven't been since 1974.

Glad to see Kansas is gone, Daytona is the only roval we need. I'd gladly trade Indy for either Mid O or Lime Rock, with USCR being the only dedicated op level road racing series in North America, both those tracks belong. Also very glad to see the Canada race.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    I would like to see Lime Rock and Mid O added at some point in the next few years. Obviously, Baltimore is out since no race is being held. I can see that Barber is close enough to Road Atlanta that it would lose out, plus it's pretty much a support race to Indycar. I'm also glad that VIR is still in the mix, I haven't had the chance to get up there yet and I haven't been since 1974.

Glad to see Kansas is gone, Daytona is the only roval we need. I'd gladly trade Indy for either Mid O or Lime Rock, with USCR being the only dedicated op level road racing series in North America, both those tracks belong. Also very glad to see the Canada race.
    Hey FormerFF. Glad to see you back. Check your private messages, if you have not already done so. As for this schedule, my advise would be "Patience Grasshopper". I would say that they are in a building year, next year. I would imagine combining two series into one is not an easy task, as they are trying to make a seemless transition, keeping as much of the good, from each schedule, from the past, as possible. Perhaps one, or both of the tracks that you mentioned will be incorporated into the schedule in the next few years.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

I was just there at COTA in Austin for the ALMS/WEC weekend. Next year's race is highly recommended IMO. I really enjoyed it. There are a lot of perks to racing on a modern F1 race track. The facilities are good and modern. No full course yellows the first day. The Sunday race had almost 6 hours of caution free racing. I hiked around the race track during the 6 hour WEC race. The race track is beautiful and there are many nice spots from which to watch the racing. The main highlight of ALMS race was the exciting 3-4 way GT battle between Corvettes, Viper, and BMW Z4 which went down to the last lap. The crowd was ecstatic to see Corvette win. The highlight of the WEC race was probably the LMP1 battle, which Toyota lost again, but nonetheless it was a good battle. Number 8 Toyota and #2 Audi were leap frogging each other during every pit cycle, but Audi always had the speed to recover from its 30-second deficit. The USCR prototype racing should get really exciting next year with DP and LMP2 prototypes battling each other in one class.