Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Kimi of the race

Friends:

Kimi is a driver I admire b/c he is not merely extraordinarily gifted; he doesn't care for the corporate malarky about F1 being the premium motorsport venue. It has become a more about business than sport and more about money than racing. This nonsense about creating tires that can't finish a race, along with nonsense regulations that teams must use more than one set, is purely a function of television and corporate advertising. WTF; why not simply let teams race as fast as they can and decide for themselves what tires to use or not use?

Jim W
    Indy PhD.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

It's really sad there are hooligans booing Vettel. Horner says it's not sporting and I go along with that. I guess it's better than throwing Budweiser bottles and KFC buckets onto the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W
    This nonsense about creating tires that can't finish a race, along with nonsense regulations that teams must use more than one set, is purely a function of television and corporate advertising. WTF; why not simply let teams race as fast as they can and decide for themselves what tires to use or not use?
    While we're at it, get rid of the DRS gimmick and make them actually race to pass each other instead of pushing the button and gaining a temporary, artificial advantage. If you take away the easy pass, drivers will be forced to go for the difficult one, which is what we really want to see.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    [France 2004 comes to mind as well. Brawn to The Shoe, "Shoe, we need 20 qualifying laps in a row to win this race". The Shoe duly delivers and the rest is history.
    That is a race I've been pitching as one of Mike's finest ever since it happened in 2004. You are the first person (other than me) to independently bring it up as one of his signature races on this forum,. Well done my man!

here is the bro whole shootin' match

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE3NjY4NzQ0.html

BTW this is the same race that Rubens passed JT at the last corner of the last lap to claim a podium.

What a great drive from Rubens, comming from grid positiom #10
    The forza was with them
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts

Alonso for carting Webber back to the pits.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

I think Vettel should get a honourable mention for his delightfully politically incorrect interview with RTL after the race. They asked him if RB was making F1 dull - this is what he said;

"Der Unterschied steckt im Detail. Wenn die anderen nach Hause gehen und sich die Eier in den Pool hängen, sind wir noch da und tüfteln weiter am Auto. Dann versuchen wir, noch mehr rauszuquetschen, und sowas macht natürlich über das Wochenende den Unterschied und über das Jahr gesehen dann auch."

“The difference is in the details. While the others go home to let their balls dangle in the pool, we’re still in the garage tampering with small details on the car,” he said. “And once we’ve got that we try to squeeze out a little more. Over a whole weekend, this makes a difference, even more so over a whole year.”

If you're labelled Dick Dastardley anyways, you can just as well play the part
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin
    While we're at it, get rid of the DRS gimmick and make them actually race to pass each other instead of pushing the button and gaining a temporary, artificial advantage. If you take away the easy pass, drivers will be forced to go for the difficult one, which is what we really want to see.
    Or they'll sit in a queue behind Jarno Trulli for 30 laps, which is what we actually did see.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I think Vettel should get a honourable mention for his delightfully politically incorrect interview with RTL after the race. They asked him if RB was making F1 dull - this is what he said;

"Der Unterschied steckt im Detail. Wenn die anderen nach Hause gehen und sich die Eier in den Pool hängen, sind wir noch da und tüfteln weiter am Auto. Dann versuchen wir, noch mehr rauszuquetschen, und sowas macht natürlich über das Wochenende den Unterschied und über das Jahr gesehen dann auch."

“The difference is in the details. While the others go home to let their balls dangle in the pool, we’re still in the garage tampering with small details on the car,” he said. “And once we’ve got that we try to squeeze out a little more. Over a whole weekend, this makes a difference, even more so over a whole year.”

If you're labelled Dick Dastardley anyways, you can just as well play the part
    ^^
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Its true what Seb says though.

I mean ultimately Red Bull and him are making the other teams look silly.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Its true what Seb says though.

I mean ultimately Red Bull and him are making the other teams look silly.
    It's one of the things where Vettel really takes after Schumacher. Even in his first season in Formula BMW as a 15 year old he stayed in the garage with the team, tinkering with the car longer than anyone else. While his opponents were at home squeezing zits and trying to work out what girls are good for, he was trying to get the car setup a little better. As that makes a huge difference in a spec series, he won 18 of 20 races that year in a spec series!. I suppose that was a lesson he thoroughly remembers ever since.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

[quote=Mr Alca-Tazizzle][quote="dj_bytedisaster":1pbel1z0][France 2004 comes to mind as well. Brawn to The Shoe, "Shoe, we need 20 qualifying laps in a row to win this race". The Shoe duly delivers and the rest is history.[/quote]That is a race I've been pitching as one of Mike's finest ever since it happened in 2004. You are the first person (other than me) to independently bring it up as one of his signature races on this forum,. Well done my man!

here is the bro whole shootin' match

[url="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE3NjY4NzQ0.html"]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE3NjY4NzQ0.html[/url]

BTW this is the same race that Rubens passed JT at the last corner of the last lap to claim a podium.

What a great drive from Rubens, comming from grid positiom #10
    The forza was with them [/quote:1pbel1z0]

Yip 2004 was a, should we understate, a very dominant year for Ferrari and The Shoe. The only reason they didn't win more of the final races was they stopped development of the car early in the season such was it's dominance to concentrate on the 2005 car, which turned out to be a complete lemon!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.