Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Re: Kimi of the race

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Seb was in a class of his own yesterday. The guy is pure class, maybe even better then The Shoe was at his peak? As good as Alonso and Kimi etc were, they have nothing on Seb!
    That's a dangerous talk round here buddy.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

I'm South African, nothing scares me anymore
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Seb drove a brilliant race, but I don+t think he is THAT much better than Alonso and Kimi. Not even the Shoe at his peak was so much better.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Seb drove a brilliant race, but I don+t think he is THAT much better than Alonso and Kimi. Not even the Shoe at his peak was so much better.
    Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

[quote=dj_bytedisaster]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mia 01":3tyifk6b
    Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.[/quote:3tyifk6b]

France 2004 comes to mind as well. Brawn to The Shoe, "Shoe, we need 20 qualifying laps in a row to win this race". The Shoe duly delivers and the rest is history.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

[quote=dj_bytedisaster]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mia 01":e0t36yvv
    Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.[/quote:e0t36yvv]

I agree with that. It was a sterling race from Vettel but to compare him to the Shoe in his prime is not realistic for me until I see what he can do in a car that isn't the best on the grid and I haven't seen that yet. There are plenty of drivers out there that could be winning in that RBR every week if they had it. Yes, Vettel is doing the job that is required but that doesn't mark him down as an all time great as far as I'm concerned.

[quote=The Black Knight][quote="dj_bytedisaster"99x896d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mia 01":s99x896d
    Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.[/quote99x896d]

I agree with that. It was a sterling race from Vettel but to compare him to the Shoe in his prime is not realistic for me until I see what he can do in a car that isn't the best on the grid and I haven't seen that yet. There are plenty of drivers out there that could be winning in that RBR every week if they had it. Yes, Vettel is doing the job that is required but that doesn't mark him down as an all time great as far as I'm concerned.[/quote99x896d]

We forget that Seb was pretty good at Torro Rosso too, even giving them their one and only win to date.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    There are plenty of drivers out there that could be winning in that RBR every week if they had it.
    Forgot to add, Webber has one but has never been able to match Seb over a season.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts

Seb is truly a special driver, and yes it is hard to compare him to the likes of The Boss, Fred, and Kimi without all of them driving the same rig, but you have to hand it to him, he is seriously kicking everyone else’s butts.
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    but you have to hand it to him, he is seriously kicking everyone else’s butts.
    Understatement! lol