Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

Re: Americas Cup Races

oracle in a big lead. They will win it.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

I find it really really strange how first ETNZ can get their 8-1 lead and then loose 8 straight races.
    Although they were on their way to victory in the aborted race.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Let me say well done to Oracle. Being a Kiwi I would have much rather seen TNZ win the thing, but after the upgrades on Oracle (designed and built by a NZ boat building company) they were simply too fast.

I hope that when TNZ arrive home they are given a decent reception, because they did everything they could do to win and we should all be extremely proud of their efforts as well as being disappointed with the outcome.

Hopefully at the next Americas Cup Oracle can refrain from the underhanded activity and blatant cheating that so nearly cost them everything, because when all is said and done they are an incredible racing team who have the ability to win on merit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just heard the news that Australia beat NZ in the America's Cup. Yay for us.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts

I do hope the Kiwis get a warm reception. I had no idea that Oracle might come back to maintain the cup, and it seems as if some boat changes along with personnel changes made a major difference.

Either way, I'm glad it stretched out, and IMO all teams were still learning more day by day and put on a great show. These are incredible machines, and the people on them must certainly earn their spots as I'm sure it isn't hard to find people interested.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by webberf1

It was mostly Ben Ainsle's doing.

The man is the greatest sailor on the planet and nobody is even a close 2nd. I hope my UK friends appreciate what they have.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    I find it really really strange how first ETNZ can get their 8-1 lead and then loose 8 straight races.
    Although they were on their way to victory in the aborted race.
    Payback for the Ryder Cup
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Quote Originally Posted by webberf1

It was mostly Ben Ainsle's doing.

The man is the greatest sailor on the planet and nobody is even a close 2nd. I hope my UK friends appreciate what they have.
    I think after seeing what Ben achieved with the American team, there was talk this morning about funding a British team with Ben very supportive of it. Its nice to see he is recognised for his skills worldwide. Nice of you to say too Anthony.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think after seeing what Ben achieved with the American team, there was talk this morning about funding a British team with Ben very supportive of it. Its nice to see he is recognised for his skills worldwide. Nice of you to say too Anthony.
    There has been talk of a Ben Ainsle Racing consortium making an assault on the next A/C but with the money Larry Ellison will probably throw at him to keep him would it be worth the hassle?
    Fundraising, lawyers, Sponsors can be grueling when he can just sail, make history and make a fat check staying with Oracle.