Thread: Pick ems

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Pick ems

I saw the copy and paste link for F1 Singapore. What about something for Nascar et.al?

Thanks
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Re: Pick ems

Yeah that's possible, the pickems admin for NASCAR/whatever should get in touch with me for the link

Sorry it's all quick and dirty, the original pickems system took me 6 months to write, I've been working on this one for less than 6 hours.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So where are we doing the NASCAR Pickems?
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Mark do you have any idea when you weill be posting the results for Abu Dhabi, or have I missed something?
    Thanks.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    Mark do you have any idea when you weill be posting the results for Abu Dhabi, or have I missed something?
    Thanks.
    You missed something. The FIA (Forum Internationale Association) convened a meeting in your absence. We have determined that you will be eliminated from all Pickems due to good performance. Some other good performing teams will have rules changes applied that will hurt their chances. None of these changes will in any way hurt the teams not performing as well.

We will tolerate no accusations of bias, as the original complaint filed by Luca (the guy with the red pickems car) was found to be just by Jean (the guy that used to have a red pickems car). Being modeled after another association with the acronym of FIA, we strive for equality, along with fair and just results.

Sincerely yours,

Someone who has a struggling car.

I missed another race in Pickems, so I went from sucking to sucking even worse being that I have now missed two races this year.

If I still have the lead it doesn't look like I will have the opportunity to protect it.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Just as in Formula 1, you will have every right to protect your lead. It's simply that the tires rules were changed in our... ummm... to be fair to all teams. And the diffuser regs were changed to reduce your lead... ummm... rather to make things fair. Your IP, user name, keyboard type, operating system, age, gender, sexual orientation, career, type of car driven, eating habits, religion, and average number of posts per day will be more thoroughly checked than others as well, of course simply to make things fair.

As you can see the FIA has an interest in only one thing, which is being fair. As you are winning, we don't see that as fair!

I thought Pickems just required putting in some info into a program that already existed, but I have no idea what kind of nightmare that might be depending on how much data they need. I'm sure if it was easy it would already be done, so I really don't want that nightmare to be mine. I will accept that if Pickems doesn't resume we all assume a tie for the season!

Mark got cookies enabled, so at least we have that going for us!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Don't worry Mr Tazizzle, you are in the lead
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums