Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Re: Kimi to Ferrari confirmed

Great post airshifter!

I hope that all understand that it is my fear that Fred will try to make Kimi his lapdog and take the team with him in that mission. I hope that the team gives both equal material (and no multi 21 thanks), then next year will be fun.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts

If we could get RB to do the same it would be even better, but I have more hope that Ferrari will treat the drivers as equals. I also think there is mutual respect between Kimi and Fernando, so Alonso shouldn't be too upset when Kimi takes another WDC.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Ha ha ha, that was fun airshifter.
    I hope so, very much hope so. Anyway, it will be fun.

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

It is up to Kimi to make sure that Alonso does not take the team in his direction. Nobody else.

Is he capable of stopping it?

I don't know how it will be this time.

Previous history of him at Ferrari is that he didn't, but there is a chance he will be wiser this time.

He needs to be.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kimi is twice as motivated now as he was when he was last at Ferrari, were gonna see fire works in Italy now, and I reckon Kimi is gonna come out on top....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Twice as motivated as last time?

The thing about that is that the Equation would be as follows -

2 x 0 = 0.

He wasn't motivated at all last time, so it appeared.

You can't multiply zeros.

What I hope for is that Kimi steps up to the job, is forceful behind the scenes and does not allow another Massa-favoured -suspension-development situation to occur.

After 2007 he had the world at his feet, and for whatever reason he did not take advantage of it. The 2008 title was his for the taking if he had been more forceful. Letting Ferrari be swayed by Schumachers latent influence to favour Massa in development in 2008 was a mistake. If his character is still the same, I suspect Fernando will use that as a weakness.

That is not to say that Alonso is without weaknesses that Kimi can take advantage of. It is up to him to do so and to protect himself in a way he did not do in 2008.

For me, a real Champion is one who does not concede the slightest advantage to a team-mate without putting up a hell of a fight.

Can Kimi fight outside the car? In the garage? In the factory?

That, I suspect, is where this battle will be won, as it has been with all previous great driver match-ups.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    It is up to Kimi to make sure that Alonso does not take the team in his direction. Nobody else.

Is he capable of stopping it?

I don't know how it will be this time.

Previous history of him at Ferrari is that he didn't, but there is a chance he will be wiser this time.

He needs to be.
    Indeed. I want to see a great teammate battle at Ferrari and I want to see them both fighting for the championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Twice as motivated as last time?

The thing about that is that the Equation would be as follows -

2 x 0 = 0.

He wasn't motivated at all last time, so it appeared.

You can't multiply zeros.

What I hope for is that Kimi steps up to the job, is forceful behind the scenes and does not allow another Massa-favoured -suspension-development situation to occur.

After 2007 he had the world at his feet, and for whatever reason he did not take advantage of it. The 2008 title was his for the taking if he had been more forceful. Letting Ferrari be swayed by Schumachers latent influence to favour Massa in development in 2008 was a mistake. If his character is still the same, I suspect Fernando will use that as a weakness.

That is not to say that Alonso is without weaknesses that Kimi can take advantage of. It is up to him to do so and to protect himself in a way he did not do in 2008.

For me, a real Champion is one who does not concede the slightest advantage to a team-mate without putting up a hell of a fight.

Can Kimi fight outside the car? In the garage? In the factory?

That, I suspect, is where this battle will be won, as it has been with all previous great driver match-ups.
    I think he can by staying out of politics and being his own man. IMO Ferrari understand him better now after having seen him at Lotus.
    “Leave me alone!”

If he doesn't do politics, he has learnt nothing.

It isn't just Ferrari who need to understand the other party.

Kimi needs to understand that, and so do his fans.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

That's the biggest load of bovine excrement I've read in a while. In 2008 Kimi had more bad luck than webber, that's why things went tits-up.

I quote myself from a different forum:
    He could only qualify 15th in Australia because of mechanical failure in qualifying, therefore lost the race before it even began. Lost 2nd place in Monaco due to drive-through given for a team infraction then lost control on a wet patch after the tunnel and cluttered into Sutil. Exhaust failure in France handing the lead to Massa. Tactical fail by team in Silverstone – wrong tyres, lost lead and ended up 4th. Had to wait behind Massa in the pits during safety car at Germany, Had to queue behind Massa again after crash-gate induced safety car at Singapore. Nerfed off by Hamílton at Suzuka while in the lead. Had to let Massa through at China.

Massa was never in the same league, but Kimi’s 2008 campaign makes Webber look like the luckiest person on earth.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю