Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Re: Kimi to Ferrari confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Kimi in the team is a sign to a certain driver as a couple of pundits (and me) belive. The one man show is now over, itīs not his team anymoore. Accept it or move on is the deal.

We will see, interesting times ahead.
    That sounds like a load of petty BS to me. What it obviously does mean is Ferrari want the WCC, and are willing to pay Ice a ton of money for his consistancy to get it whether or not Zo is overjoyed with the choice of teammates. It really is as simple as that. There always will be journalistic hacks that want to put a spin on it, which is incredibly lame IMO.
    Of course it is implied by any employer that if you don't like your coworkers you always know where the door is.
    So what?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

[quote=Mr Alca-Tazizzle]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mia 01":2lw306zg
    Kimi in the team is a sign to a certain driver as a couple of pundits (and me) belive. The one man show is now over, itīs not his team anymoore. Accept it or move on is the deal.

That sounds like a load of petty BS to me. What it obviously does mean is Ferrari want the WCC, and are willing to pay Ice a ton of money for his consistancy to get it whether or not Zo is overjoyed with the choice of teammates. It really is as simple as that. There always will be journalistic hacks that want to put a spin on it, which is incredibly lame IMO.
    Of course it is implied by any employer that if you don't like your coworkers you always know where the door is.
    So what?[/quote:2lw306zg]

Indeed. Ferrari love Alonso's go for it 110% all the time attitude. I don't think they would push him out the door to accommodate Kimi in any way, shape or form. If there does happen to be a major dispute next year between the drivers and one has to go, for me, it would Kimi out the door again.

Alonso is once again showing how good he is. He's second in the DC in not the second best car (that would be Webber and maybe the Mercs as well ahead overall) and is always pushing in the top 3 of the DC no matter what cr@p he is given to drive. He's a class act, his record is a reflection of this. The one thing that he just can't do anything about, is a young German genius in a very very fast and reliable car that is a combination that no one has been able to match for 80% of the last 4 years.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Right on triple 5
    I think Webbers (someone that actually knows Fred quite well) comments address the situation with much insight. He is on his way out so he doesn't have to mince his words:
    "The positives for me are that Fernando needs to be pushed more on Saturday afternoons; which he will live for.

"Kimi will lift him and help him to get a bit more out of himself on Saturday afternoons. On Sundays there is no question, we know Fernando is a brilliant racer, but on Saturdays Kimi will lift him to another level.

"Fernando will also see it as an opportunity to do well against Kimi. He will back himself in this situation."

What Raikkonen has to do to succeed at Ferrari

Webber does think, however, that Ferrari will need to ensure that Raikkonen does his fair share of work at the factory, so Alonso does not feel hard done by.

"The team will have to be careful on the technical front," explained the Australian. "Kimi we know is a phenomenal guy, but it will be interesting to see if Fernando feels it will be even in terms of the work rate going on.

"It is a big, big technical challenge next year. Both drivers have to put a lot into that and I don't think Fernando will be too happy if it is all one sided."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    Right on triple 5
    I think Webbers (someone that actually knows Fred quite well) comments address the situation with much insight. He is on his way out so he doesn't have to mince his words:
    "The positives for me are that Fernando needs to be pushed more on Saturday afternoons; which he will live for.

"Kimi will lift him and help him to get a bit more out of himself on Saturday afternoons. On Sundays there is no question, we know Fernando is a brilliant racer, but on Saturdays Kimi will lift him to another level.

"Fernando will also see it as an opportunity to do well against Kimi. He will back himself in this situation."

What Raikkonen has to do to succeed at Ferrari

Webber does think, however, that Ferrari will need to ensure that Raikkonen does his fair share of work at the factory, so Alonso does not feel hard done by.

"The team will have to be careful on the technical front," explained the Australian. "Kimi we know is a phenomenal guy, but it will be interesting to see if Fernando feels it will be even in terms of the work rate going on.

"It is a big, big technical challenge next year. Both drivers have to put a lot into that and I don't think Fernando will be too happy if it is all one sided."
    Yeah Alonso is a hard worker behind the scenes much like The Shoe was which is why I think Ferrari also rate him so much along with his driving skills. Kimi was notoriously lazy during his time at Ferrari (he just wanted to jump in the car 5 minutes before the race and then go home afterwards). Next year will be interesting for sure.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Mark webber is not Kimis best buddy, sort of, since a long time.

Kimi Lazy, thatīs a good yoke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    In an interview I saw with Kimi, he said the following and I quote directly word for word:

Q: Kimi, how is the cooperation in the Team. Do you get along with everyone?
    KR: Yeah itīs fine. But they have a much harder time with me than I with anyone else.
    Q: What do you mean?
    KR: I am a bit lazy sometimes.

From the horses mouth. Nuff said Mia 01.

[quote=555-04Q2]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mia 01":2i15dtmu
    In an interview I saw with Kimi, he said the following and I quote directly word for word:

Q: Kimi, how is the cooperation in the Team. Do you get along with everyone?
    KR: Yeah itīs fine. But they have a much harder time with me than I with anyone else.
    Q: What do you mean?
    KR: I am a bit lazy sometimes.

From the horses mouth. Nuff said Mia 01.[/quote:2i15dtmu]
    Oh sssssssssnap

But really, I don't know anyone that dislikes Kimi. In almost all of your recent posts you try to turn it into "us against them ." Why do you have to be such an antagonist? Why don't you just groove on how well Kimi has done since he came back to F1 instead of constantly seeking some vindication for the circumstances in which he left? Saying that someone else is less deserving doesn't make Ice any more deserving; let the results speak for themselves. If Kimi punks Fred so be it. If he doesn't because Ferrari doesn’t really give him the opportunity to, it is probably better to address it when it happens. I must say you're being a bit of a downer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    Oh sssssssssnap

But really, I don't know anyone that dislikes Kimi. In almost all of your recent posts you try to turn it into "us against them ." Why do you have to be such an antagonist? Why don't you just groove on how well Kimi has done since he came back to F1 instead of constantly seeking some vindication for the circumstances in which he left? Saying that someone else is less deserving doesn't make Ice any more deserving; let the results speak for themselves. If Kimi punks Fred so be it. If he doesn't because Ferrari doesn’t really give him the opportunity to, it is probably better to address it when it happens. I must say you're being a bit of a downer
    Sorry teacher, I will try and be more open minded in future

Now where did I drop my joint

Sorry for the confusion 555, my post was directed at Mia

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

[quote=Mr Alca-Tazizzle]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mia 01":22p3yr99

So what?[/quote:22p3yr99]

In reality all any of us can do is speculate unless we can see the specifics of contracts. I didn't take Mia's comment to say that Alonso is on the way out, but rather that he will now have a team mate that will challenge him in driving ability. Though I rate Alonso as one of the best, I also rate Kimi as one of the best. I certainly hope that Kimi didn't settle for any contract that would make him a #2 driver by default, and I think the simple fact that Ferrari wanted him back shows that they saw their error in getting rid of him the first time around... after all he is their last WDC. The Kimi/Felipe combo also resulted in two years of constructors titles as well.... evasive since.

Domenicali has stated both drivers will be given equal status. I hope his sticks to his word on this, as it would be good for both drivers IMO.

Kimi's Facebook page suggested that he had multiple teams interested in him, and just before the Ferrari announcement he had indicated he would make his decision soon. This leads me to think that the offer was there waiting for him. I hope it works with both drivers pushing each other as I think it would hurt both of them and Ferrari to allow either to dominate the team priorities.

This is a dream driver lineup in the works, or the lead up to a giant fireworks show IMO. It could easily humble either of them depending on how it works out. Personally I think Alonso has more to lose, as Kimi wouldn't likely be upset if he was beaten in a fair fight. Alonso has mellowed as well, so if he was beaten it might not be the fireworks that it was at McLaren with Hamilton.

But only time will tell, and I'm just speculating along with everyone else. With Stefano in the mix it could well be that they now have two great drivers, both WDC's, but end up with a dog of a car for the new season and fire everyone in sight.