Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Re: Kimi to Ferrari confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    ..I personally think Alonso will be upset with this. Does anyone think he might leave as he wont want a rival (like the McLaren days)?
    leave and go where?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Retire

No you're right. There is really nowhere left to go.

The only real option would be Lotus (old Renault). However they as we know have little or no money
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Well this is very surprising news! Gonna be an interesting season at Ferrari in 2014!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    I for one am sad, with every team having a #1 & #2 drivers, can't see Ferrari being any different.

How many tenths does Alonso bring, again?

As long as Alonso qualifies better than Kimi, and has decent starts, I don't think Kimi will trouble him.
    You're underestimating Kimi here, I mean all the past evidence suggests that Kimi is one of the best drivers out there, so he'll certainly trouble Alonso, more than any other teammate in the past bar Lewis.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

I don't mind an honest intra-team fight between FA and KR but I do mind the advantage Vettel will have from this. He already has a car over the rest of the field and a team mate that doesn't bother him. I'm skeptic for the next season and I've already lost interest in this one.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    Those freakin' guys at Lotus are either sore losers, or contrary to what the artical says
    they are implying that they were the ones who got screwed not Kimi
    Baring some good performances and a have decent car, Lotus have been very amateurish this year as far as corporate speak goes.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    I for one am sad, with every team having a #1 & #2 drivers, can't see Ferrari being any different.

How many tenths does Alonso bring, again?

As long as Alonso qualifies better than Kimi, and has decent starts, I don't think Kimi will trouble him.
    You're underestimating Kimi here, I mean all the past evidence suggests that Kimi is one of the best drivers out there, so he'll certainly trouble Alonso, more than any other teammate in the past bar Lewis.
    A fair assessment Dex, discount Kimi at your own peril, plus I just don't believe that Ice would accept a # 2 status. SD has already gone on record as saying that Kimi and Zo will start next season on equal terms. All the talk about this upsetting a team that is already unsettled is really nonsense. SD isn't going anywhere. Zemo isn't pissed off at Fred, and the addition of Allison now seems to be linked to signing Kimi.
    Here are the words of SD:
    Everyone has their own ways and you can't expect a Finn to start telling jokes in Italian or playing the clown," he said. "Honestly, I think the combination of Fernando's expressive and passionate Latin character and the cool style, to call it that, of someone like Kimi, seems to appeal to many.
    As for the technical side of things, not only do we know full well how much Kimi can contribute at an important time like this...but we also have first hand information from James Allison, as to how much the Finn has also progressed in this area over the past two years.
    The opinion of SpongeBob (someone who had Ice as a teammate) may well be more relevant than that of the naysayers:

In my opinion, Fernando is the complete driver and will raise his game with Kimi there for the next two seasons, which is a worry for everyone else.
    May the forza be with both of them
    May the forza be with you

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    plus I just don't believe that Ice would accept a # 2 status.
    Massa didn't exactly accept #2 status. It was the beginning of the end.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    plus I just don't believe that Ice would accept a # 2 status.
    Massa didn't exactly accept #2 status. It was the beginning of the end.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Kimi in the team is a sign to a certain driver as a couple of pundits (and me) belive. The one man show is now over, it´s not his team anymoore. Accept it or move on is the deal.

We will see, interesting times ahead.