Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    If Ferrari have a superior rig in 2017, or on par with the best This is a logical decision for Ferrari as Kimi can be to Vettel what Felipe, Rubens or Eddie were for Mike. Vettel don't want no Max commin' up their and be maybe kicking off in his a$$ like Danny did. If they have the car in 2017 Seb can win the WDC, and Kimi can collect enough for the WCC. If they are not that good at least their will be peace between Kimi, and Seb, just like when Fred punked him in 2014. It was all pretty chill
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    If you think about how to fill Kimi's current seat, Ferrari probably wants a driver who is at least as great as Kimi, but who is not a regular challenge to Vettel. This is pretty obvious as Ferrari has been normally operating this 1-2 scheme since at least the 1990s, if not earlier. Many would probably observe that there exist other drivers besides Kimi that will fit the bill. However, Ferrari is a major brand that also wants a major brand name driver even in its second seat. Kimi basically is a brand on its own, a driver with a WDC title and a big fan base following him. That's exactly what Ferrari needs.

3. Likes: Mia 01 (9th July 2016)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    On top of that, who would have you chosen to replace Kimi? As much as I think he's well past his prime, it's not like Grosjean, Sainz, Pérez or Bottas look like they're WDCs in the making (although I think Sainz is rather underrated). There's no guarantee that any of those would do any better.

5. Likes: Mia 01 (9th July 2016),zako85 (9th July 2016)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    If Ferrari have a superior rig in 2017, or on par with the best This is a logical decision for Ferrari as Kimi can be to Vettel what Felipe, Rubens or Eddie were for Mike. Vettel don't want no Max commin' up their and be maybe kicking off in his a$$ like Danny did. If they have the car in 2017 Seb can win the WDC, and Kimi can collect enough for the WCC. If they are not that good at least their will be peace between Kimi, and Seb, just like when Fred punked him in 2014. It was all pretty chill
    Kimi seems cool with whatever, doesn't he? I mean, he's got a hot girlfriend, he's racing for Ferrari and as long as he does just enough, he can continue building up his 401k and the kid's college fund for another year.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

7. Likes: Mia 01 (9th July 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I dont think we can dig at Kimi. Think he has been very good this season. Been matching Seb more this season than last.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

9. Likes: Mia 01 (9th July 2016)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    On and of track, for me Kimi is the best.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    On top of that, who would have you chosen to replace Kimi? As much as I think he's well past his prime, it's not like Grosjean, Sainz, Pérez or Bottas look like they're WDCs in the making (although I think Sainz is rather underrated). There's no guarantee that any of those would do any better.

Who is underrating Sainz? Even though Red Bull had to abruptly move Verstappen into its top team, I am betting that Sainz still will beat Kvyat in the rest of season and will go on to race in F1 the following season.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Who is underrating Sainz? Even though Red Bull had to abruptly move Verstappen into its top team, I am betting that Sainz still will beat Kvyat in the rest of season and will go on to race in F1 the following season.
    I think if you drop sainz into the ferrari he would be winning races in no time. He seems very well polished and capable. both he and verstappen (and probably van doorn & wherlein) will be the next generation of top drivers
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    My impression is that people overlook his achievements because he was paired with Max. If you look at their results, they were pretty evenly matched, but people kept talking about Verstappen most of the time. He might not reach Heidfeld levels of underrating, but my impression is that sometimes we don't notice that he's roughly as good as Max.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    I think it was a smart move by Ferrari. Many of the young guns are still proving themselves, and Kimi is known to keep cool and stay in the points most of the time when the car is capable. Fred whooped him, but the car seemed suited to Fred, Seb beat him soundly last year but Kimi seems to be coming around again. But in the grand scheme of things, being beaten by Alonso or Seb doesn't make anyone slow either.

I'm sure that the fact that he is the last driver to earn a WDC in the Ferrari might have had some influence as well.

15. Likes: Mia 01 (11th July 2016)