Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andreag
    I would go for 2007 WDC: Fernando Alonso.
    oh so he has won it already? I will remember this quote.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dzeidzei
    I think the best contribution a driver can give developing a car is to give exact feedback on how the car behaves and how changes effect that behaviour. I know people here seem to think that FA is somehow superior on developing the car, but I doubt VERY MUCH if he gives the engineers any advice on how to specifically set the car or what sort of parts to develop.

The drivers are not engineers. So the general idea that FA is behind the new McL is plain stupid. He is fast and he probably can give great feedback about his car, but thats it.

In one pre season interview FA said after testing last years McL that "now he understands why Kimi didnt win any races in 2006". And I still think the new McL was designed by engineers, not FA.
    You are confirming what many of us believe in.
    Of course that FA is not an engineer but his contributions on setup make a whole lot of positive difference on how the car performes. Just as you have said. What is evident is that not all drivers have the same skill on set up as is the case with FA.

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, since Todt has already confirmed that he will keep both Kimi and Massa for next season there's not much to debate here

I would have to say Massa is the best choice right now.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    As soons as someone denies Massa is leaving, then you KNOW he's history.

From what I've been told Kimi is not the sharpest tool in the box and nothing like a Prost or Schumacher. But of course he's super quick, possibly quicker than the likes of Schumacher in terms of raw speed.

But if you cast your mind back, Ronnie Peterson was probably a quicker driver than Andretti but Andretti took the title.

I think Nick Heidfeld would make an ideal replacement, as there must be an awful lot of new Tifosi in Germany.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I think the thread was meant to pose a hypothetical question rather than a literal one. That's how I approached it anyway.

The only clear upgrade over Massa on the grid today is Alonso. Whilst I would love to see Ferrari pinch Alonso, simply for the damage it would do to ol' Ron's psyche, it's not going to happen.

Felipe is safe and so he should be too. One race does not a career make.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    But if you cast your mind back, Ronnie Peterson was probably a quicker driver than Andretti but Andretti took the title.
    Oh yes! There are some parallels Kimi and the Super-Swede Ronnie Peterson.

Both have unbelievable raw speed, with no distinct driving style they can be unbelievably quick regardless how good or bad the car was.

Ronnie was hopless at testing. Ken Tyrell, Harvey Poslethwaitle and Colin Chapman all complained how hopeless he was at testing. The team would add mods and change set ups and Ronnie was just as quick! That's how stupidly quick the guy was.

The 2005 McLaren was very 'twitchy' to begin with and surprisingly, McLaren had to rely on JPM's feedback most. Last year's car had various problems. Pedro did the most development work last year and yet Kimi was clearly the better driver!

I remember Martin Brundle mentioned in an article that Kimi should find a particular driving style and be consistent with it. If you were to argue that if there ever was a flaw in Kimi then its consistancy. At a given stint Kimi's lap times are quite erratic compared to Button or Alonso. If there was ever a time to be consistent then testing would be the priority.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'd boot them both (Massa and Kimi) and hire Hamilton and Alonso, contracts don't matter in F1!
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    But that was also because team orders was written in the contract.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Well, he could offer to swap Massa for Hamilton but I don't think Denis will fall for that one. He could try bunsen, but I doubt Honda wil let him go. Frank might cough up one of his drivers for a lot of dosh, but I can't even remember who is driving for Frank. BMW is unlikely to accept the rash racer in their team as they already have Kubica, and I honestly think that Massa is overated as a racer. Maybe Red Bull might cough up Webber or DC for a few more Ferrari horses, who knows. This is an interesting concept for Ferrari, but the way I see it, Ferrari needs a good #2 and not an aspiring #1 to take points off Kimi. That's my two bob's worth.

As I said on the other Fassa Massa thread, Massa is a fast driver but at present he is a rash racer.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

??

From what I've been told Kimi is not the sharpest tool in the box and nothing like a Prost or Schumacher. But of course he's super quick, possibly quicker than the likes of Schumacher in terms of raw speed.
    It would be interesting to hear - who told you?
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007