Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you are going to replace FM, then you will need a good car development driver since he has been doing much more development than Kimi. Kimi is fast and can be WDC, but I don't think he can develop a WDC winning car.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The only one that could do better than Felipe and is available is MS, but it would be hard to persuade him to come back!

Honestly I would keep Felipe, he'll recover.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Wow, again you are following the same ideology that "driver is as good as his last race." You're dumping Massa and are thinking about hiring Rosberg, who has just had two good races (btw, he was good at the start of last year as well, but in his case let's wait for the European season, where he started struggling last year).

I wouldn't even think about replacing Felipe unless he continues making such errors in almost every race.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Of course you have already decided to give Massa the elbow end of this year
    No I haven't. One mistake in one race doesn't make me want to get rid of him. And considering that he was pushing, and beating, one of Ferrari's all time greatest drivers, Michael Schumacher, for pole position last season I certainly know he has what it takes to be quick when I give him the car he needs. I know he can win races too, as he displayed in Brazil last year, and is a consistant points scorer for the team. Why would I want to get rid of him and replace him with an unkonwn quantity?
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would keep Felipe and hire Alonso from McLaren. There you have a winning pair of drivers for the 2008 crown.
    ÑBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm with Carl here, I see no need to get rid of him, even if I think Raikkonen will do better.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    If you are going to replace FM, then you will need a good car development driver since he has been doing much more development than Kimi. Kimi is fast and can be WDC, but I don't think he can develop a WDC winning car.

Ferrari has two very good drivers so why start talking about kicking any?

But because the situation today is like it is (Alonso 18, Kimi 16, Hamilton 14 and Massa 7 - that makes McLaren 32, Ferrari 23 after two GPs!!)

To get the best chance to win the champion titles to Ferrari it’s to give Kimi a first driver status for the year and start to work from that point and do it now. It’s better to give him all support you can give and let him fight against Alonso (and Hamilton) and do it now or it will maybe be too late to do it “then”.. that’s however my opinion ..

It surprise me a bit, that you really think Ferrari paid 36 milj euros for a guy who can’t develop his car?

I can tell you that each “that fast” driver always can do it, because you never can be fast if you can’t give the necessary feed back to your engineers.

The question is in first hand if a driver is able to give engineers a feed back, which makes his car to fit his driving and in other hand develop the car. All new parts you need to make a car better is a result of engineering and the driver can only tell what he needs and give a reliable feedback when the team is testing new parts. According to Ferraris engineers Kimi is a very intelligent guy and give them exact information. The fact that Felipe has been faster in tests is not showing how good feed back information a driver is giving. I’m sure, that both Ferrari drivers are good in their testing work and that it's not any problem.

Both drivers are also very fast but there is one big difference between them.
    Massa is fast and when everything goes in his way he can win a race, but when something unusual happens he is not “cool enough” in his decisions. Kimi is opposite, a cool guy like that “ice man” from the north he is. He makes his race decisions from his nature, cold and calculating, always cool and the best possible race result in his mind, his overtakings are always calculated, when Massa sometimes can start an overtaking based only on his feelings. That’s something he must learn if he would like to be a champion some day.. but imo it’s too late for the season, maybe 2008?
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    It surprise me a bit, that you really think Ferrari paid 36 milj euros for a guy who can’t develop his car?

I can tell you that each “that fast” driver always can do it, because you never can be fast if you can’t give the necessary feed back to your engineers.

The question is in first hand if a driver is able to give engineers a feed back, which makes his car to fit his driving and in other hand develop the car.
    I think the best contribution a driver can give developing a car is to give exact feedback on how the car behaves and how changes effect that behaviour. I know people here seem to think that FA is somehow superior on developing the car, but I doubt VERY MUCH if he gives the engineers any advice on how to specifically set the car or what sort of parts to develop.

The drivers are not engineers. So the general idea that FA is behind the new McL is plain stupid. He is fast and he probably can give great feedback about his car, but thats it.

In one pre season interview FA said after testing last years McL that "now he understands why Kimi didnt win any races in 2006". And I still think the new McL was designed by engineers, not FA.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeidzei

The drivers are not engineers. So the general idea that FA is behind the new McL is plain stupid. He is fast and he probably can give great feedback about his car, but thats it.

In one pre season interview FA said after testing last years McL that "now he understands why Kimi didnt win any races in 2006". And I still think the new McL was designed by engineers, not FA.

That's my opinion too. FA has not so much to do how his car is designed but as any good driver he is giving reliable feed back to his engineers of the situation at the moment and helping on that way to develop the car in right direction to fit in his driving style. . What makes FA to a champion is in first hand his intelligent driving and acting on the track.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I think Massa is the best available option.

He's actually shown he's quicker than Kimi so far, so when you consider the fact Kimi is meant to be even quicker than Alonso, and that Kimi is earning 6 times more than Massa, Massa is doing a sound job. Once he gets himself together like he eventually did at the end of last season, it wouldn't surprise me to see him BEATING kimi. Though by then Kimi may have moved up another level as he settles into the team.