Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

You're boss of Ferrari

Of course you have already decided to give Massa the elbow end of this year, who would you go for?

Fisi
    Nick
    Webber
    Nico
    Rubens

or A N Other

??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would go for 2007 WDC: Fernando Alonso. So Ferrari would have a number 1 on the car, and could win on 2008.

Who else could do it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Liuzzi

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Of course you have already decided to give Massa the elbow end of this year
    ??
    I haven't decided anything yet. There is no need to jump ship immediately.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Massa's a good #2, and Ferrari have already paid for their #1.

Nick is not leaving BMW, Fisi is not being picked up by anyone (unless he pays), and Rubens has already been there and done that. So that would leave Webber & Nico.

Webber has been handedly outclassing his teammate during the 1st 2 events this year, and is likely to continue doing so. Redbull being an Adrian design, and with the new rules seeming to "equalize" the field somewhat (and it will only become more so in 2008 and beyond) a good argument could be made to stay with RB.

Nico could be a good choice, but there are certainly other drivers out there with equal ability.
    J

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Well, assuming that Massa had to be replaced and that Alonso, Hamilton, Kovalainen and Button are all off the market, it would be a tough call on who would replace the Brazilian.

Fisichella - too old, slow and inconsistent. Probably wouldn't handle the whole Italian driving a Ferrari thing very well.
    Heidfeld - solid, but unspectactular. I don't think he is fast enough to back up Kimi and score enough points for the WCC.
    Webber - great qualifier but a flakey racer. Apparently works hard so might be a good counterpoint to Kimi's more relaxed attitude.
    Rosberg - getting better and looks to have a bright future. Would make a good long-term prospect.
    Barrichello - been there, done that. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Other - I can't see anybody else who would be an improvement over Massa. Davidson looks to be an asset in the development stakes but is unproven in F1 racing. If he has a good 2007 he might be worth a look. Forget the rest.

So I guess I'd try and pry Rosberg out of Sir Frank's hands or nab Davidson if he has a good 2007 and leaves Sato in the dust. Failing that, I'd stick Webber in the car for a year and probably concentrate on Kimi for the WDC.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Haven't you heard? Ferrari has developed andriods based on both MS image and skills, next year they will give both Kimi and Massa the boot and run 2 Michael Schumachers...

I guess as the new manager at ferrari, I'll have to decide which one is the #1 driver, and who plays #2... :
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    On the false assumption that Mr Todt likes to juggle, he'll probably have to wait for a Prost-esque falling out with one of the McLaren drivers to get a replacement for Felipe that would reward the risk of the team's stability, which would be at stake if Ferrari inexplicably dumps Felipe.

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Fisichella - too old, slow and inconsistent. Probably wouldn't handle the whole Italian driving a Ferrari thing very well.
    sadly i find Fisichella all TOO consistant.

i would have to go with rosberg (if thats not too scandocentric)
    -Sent from a computer using my fingers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune
    i would have to go with rosberg (if thats not too scandocentric)
    What the hell is scandocentric? Having 2 Finns at Ferrari would make it Fintastic. And yeahyeah, Nico has a German passport also, but he is Keke´s son.

Anyway, a bit premature this whole thread. Do not shoot Massa yet. Even if he cannot beat Kimi doesnt mean he´s no good. I dont think there are ANY drivers on the grid who could beat KR.