Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: [ERC] 31. Int. Janner Rallye 2014 (03.-05.01.2014):

I guess the "Wintercup" idea was an incentive to get some guys to go there.

Did ERC people try to persuade them to change the date?

Liked 87 Times in 46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I guess the "Wintercup" idea was an incentive to get some guys to go there.

Did ERC people try to persuade them to change the date?
    We've discussed this issue already in the last years. There are a couple of reasons why a change of the date is hardly possible for the organizers.
    1) It would be nearly impossible to find volunteers after Jan 6th when the Christmas holidays are ending in Austria.

2) if the postpone the rally one or two weeks, there would be a High risk that the rally takes place on the same weekend as the Kitzbühel skiing downhill race which is - hardly understandable for non austrians - the most important Sport event in Austria.

I'm really afraid that the 2014 edition could be very critical for the future of this great rally.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat-131-Abarth
    We've discussed this issue already in the last years. There are a couple of reasons why a change of the date is hardly possible for the organizers.
    1) It would be nearly impossible to find volunteers after Jan 6th when the Christmas holidays are ending in Austria.
    But there are rallies in Austria outside of the Christmas holidays are there not?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat-131-Abarth
    But there are rallies in Austria outside of the Christmas holidays are there not?
    Of course there are. But Jänner Rallye (Jänner = january ) in july wouldn't make sense.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Actually the summer mini edition (Pirelli Star Driver) wasn't that bad

But sure Jänner shall continue as snow rally however it will be difficult to stay in both ERC and MM?R in its date.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Actually the summer mini edition (Pirelli Star Driver) wasn't that bad

But sure Jänner shall continue as snow rally however it will be difficult to stay in both ERC and MM?R in its date.
    Both Pirelli Star driver editions were great. But there were only two short circuit stages - in autum. I think, that most stages of the Jänner Rallye (except Pierbach which is a very twisty stage and the first half of the Schönau - St. Leonhard stage) would be way to fast on dry tarmac. Also because of the mainly very smooth tarmac.

On the other hand the costs for the organsisation of the rally would be much higher, because of crop and field damages. And the farmers in Upper Austria are quite bullheaded and have no understanding for the rally.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WUff1
    Robert Kubica probably starting according to rallye organizer Ferdinand Staber
    with Fiesta R5 ?

I read it somewhere today (and M-Sport asked FIA about gear shifting changes)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex
    Robert Kubica probably starting according to rallye organizer Ferdinand Staber
    with Fiesta R5 ?

I read it somewhere today (and M-Sport asked FIA about gear shifting changes)
    I don´t know, and by now I´d rate it only as a rumour - as long as entry list isn´t being published.

Fixed starters seem to be Tarabus and Pech, Valousek wants to start but isn´t sure of his budget.

But in total a very poor entry list seems more than likely as time goes on - an entry list which probably nearly would be the same if Jänner would only count for Austrian championship and European Cup Central Coeff. 10 (like Rallye Waldviertel).

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts

But in total a very poor entry list seems more than likely as time goes on - an entry list which probably nearly would be the same if Jänner would only count for Austrian championship and European Cup Central Coeff. 10 (like Rallye Waldviertel).
    Are you joking? Without ERC and Czech championship you will not have drivers like Pech, Tarabus, Gryazin, Raoux, Lukacs, Bessenyey...

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Are you joking? Without ERC and Czech championship you will not have drivers like Pech, Tarabus, Gryazin, Raoux, Lukacs, Bessenyey...
    +1

Don't think that I am a daydreamer. I'm also afraid that this year's entre list won't be very good. But the history of the last editions has showed, that most entries of the jänner Rallye are coming in very close before the closing date of the entries.