Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's some great footage out there, you just have to look for it. Do a Google search.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    In the UK, many people believe that nothing was shown until the BBC started its Grand Prix highlights show in 1978...
    ITV's World of Sport also showed some races. I certainly remember the 1978 Swedish GP being introduced by Dickie Davies, but I'm not sure it was shown in full or live.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The BBC showed a considerable, live amount of the 1961 Monaco Grand Prix although it was interspersed with various other programmes.

I remember managing to fit my Sunday School attendance in between broadcasts.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefevre
    The BBC showed a considerable, live amount of the 1961 Monaco Grand Prix although it was interspersed with various other programmes.

I remember managing to fit my Sunday School attendance in between broadcasts.
    How interesting. I wonder if the footage survives. Somehow, I very much doubt it as I've never seen anything of it since, including on programmes such as Grand Prix 500 I mentioned earlier that used a lot of other archive BBC footage.

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    I've seem some very high quality TV footage of the '73 German GP, with Stewart and Cevert out front. Lots of helicopter shots were employed to cover the more remote parts of the track.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    futuretiger9, I have a copy of the race on dvd, you are correct. There is about a 9 min. clip of the 1967 German GP on Youtube. VERY cool footage. Those cars were really flying!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    that's from 50 years of Formula-1 onboard

it's surteess in a honda and another chap?

they were literally flying over some crests, incredable footage

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsolt
    futuretiger9, I have a copy of the race on dvd, you are correct. There is about a 9 min. clip of the 1967 German GP on Youtube. VERY cool footage. Those cars were really flying!

I've seen the '67 clip too - it has some good commentary. Ickx produced a miraculous performance in a F2 car. Jim Clark's pole lap at that event was spellbinding!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I've just watched the 1967 German GP clip in question. It's fabulous, but I'd venture to say that it's not TV footage. Don't know the origin of the film — maybe it's one of the Shell or Ferodo productions of the day.