Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    www (dot) indycals (dot) net/
    images/misc/willspitbox.jpg

(Nuts, can't post a link yet)

Firstly, very glad that no one was seriously injured. That being said, this incident looks fishy to me. First, there is a big gap between the tyre carrier's right foot and Will's rear wing. I would've thought he would be closer to the back of Will's car when he can see Dixon is exiting his pit. Secondly, it's odd that Dixon's front wheel has cleared the guy - so he has "missed" the guy initially only for the contact with the wheel the carrier has on his left hip to still occur - it's as if the carrier guy did not know Dixon's car was there!

Great controversy for indycar, though.
    "There is no victory in death." - Gilles Villeneuve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    No yellow for Saavedra's crash at the end though, unless I missed it?
    Why yellow ,he was safe behind tires in run off area. Good thing they didn't f the race even more.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seven yellows ,and the worst race I have ever seen. Most of these guys don't know how to race period.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Beaux made the right call

From the IndyCar rule book
    7.10. Pit Penalties
    7.10.1. The following matters and any others which may be determined by the Race Director are cause for a Car to be penalized:

7.10.1.4. Car contact with pit equipment outside of standard pit stop procedures;

7.10.1.6. Contact with personnel;

7.10.1.9. Car entering a pit other than the Car’s assigned pit.
    and for those who say the Penske guy was in Dixon's Pit box

We have irrefutable proof that Dixon violated 3 rules. Explain to me how it was a bad call?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Think that red box is a bit overdrawn ... Dixon's front nose was sitting right at the end of those tire marks, no?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    Think that red box is a bit overdrawn ... Dixon's front nose was sitting right at the end of those tire marks, no?
    even if you move the line closer to Power you will see that Dixon still is entering his Pit Box

BTW Anyone else notice how far back the crew and equipment of the Ganassi team is in relation to Dixon's Pit Box? The Penske crew were much more accommodating in relation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're not making your case any more firmer. At that trajectory, if the crewman walked just behind the rear wing of Power, then Dixon would have cleared everyone. The cars are going to cut in to each other's pit boxes on tight tracks like this ... I think the RR tire changer on Power's team was just out to lunch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Minor league yellow flag festival!!! Ridiculous!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It was the most enjoyable Sonoma race ever in my opinion... Okay 2009 might have been better but 7 yellows is needed to make this race an exciting one because we all know how boring an IndyCar race at Sonoma Raceway can be. At least there happened enough during this years' race.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Why yellow ,he was safe behind tires in run off area. Good thing they didn't f the race even more.
    As everyone involved in the sport knows "There is no such thing as a safe place at a race track.".

However, some places are safER than others. I agree it was a good call, as opposed to the last time resulting in a yellow flag finish.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover