Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    And that's what I personally don't get.. Who cares about the cars, as long as the racing is great it's fine... Right? Everyone is so excited about the F1 cars and I enjoyed the Sonoma race enormously and I took a nap during the F1 race at Spa, which is according to so many people, so unbelievably exciting.. Having that said, those IndyCars have at least a great sound, it reminds me of the 80's Formula One and in Super Speedway trim, the car looks awesome in my opinion. I agree that the road/street course-short oval car is quite ugly due to the bumpers..
    Who cares about cars? Great sound? ( yep ,especially when they hit rev limiter) See there is a problem right there. I do see that your passion for this sort of thing exceeds rational judgment that you don't see why people don't care. Indycar is and always was about innovative car, machine of speed and man able to bring it to the edge . I'm sorry to say that present Indycar is not. I was at Indy twice this year. I was in Milwaukee whole weekend, and will tell you that cars are slow, look and sound terrible. Boring spec club period. Some here of .2 group will definitely agree with you and others like me won't. Nothing personal ,just want to see Indycar back to glory days, but everyone knows that current formula wont get us there. Current Indycar has been rejected from the fans and motorsport industry, and whatever happy spin they put on it numbers don't lie . I hope to see you at a track some day so you can see and hear for yourself.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Thanks for clarifying that.When discussing racing on the race track one would assume I was referring to race track and that was the safe place to be as any, however I sense disappointment from some that race didn't finish under yellow to keep up perfect score. Feel for you.
    Not reading for content today?

I was noting that all areas of a track, including the runoffs and everywhere else, can be dangerous. Note TK's car flying into the runoff at Baltimore two years ago. Now imagine track safety people attending another car in the runoff when that happened. The track surface is most definitely not the only hazardous place at a track.

I was also noting that the probability of an incident, while still possible, is less likely in the runoff than on or very close to the track. So, IMO, not going full course was the correct call and should have been the call at MidO also.

Those who sit in the stands don't understand the substantial personal risk of the safety truck crews, the corner workers and the pit crews. It's part of the sport and all those people know the risk and accept it as part of doing their jobs.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Not reading for content today?

I was noting that all areas of a track, including the runoffs and everywhere else, can be dangerous.
    Thanks I didn't know that. My post simply said that his car was in the safe place as any, with four laps to go, and there was no need for full course yellow. Now that further clarification was needed is your choice ,just didn't understand why tag me, that's all.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Who cares about cars? Great sound? ( yep ,especially when they hit rev limiter) See there is a problem right there. I do see that your passion for this sort of thing exceeds rational judgment that you don't see why people don't care. Indycar is and always was about innovative car, machine of speed and man able to bring it to the edge . I'm sorry to say that present Indycar is not. I was at Indy twice this year. I was in Milwaukee whole weekend, and will tell you that cars are slow, look and sound terrible. Boring spec club period. Some here of .2 group will definitely agree with you and others like me won't. Nothing personal ,just want to see Indycar back to glory days, but everyone knows that current formula wont get us there. Current Indycar has been rejected from the fans and motorsport industry, and whatever happy spin they put on it numbers don't lie . I hope to see you at a track some day so you can see and hear for yourself.
    I have been to IndyCar races before and I like it. I agree with you that the cars should be much quicker and that they shouldn't have bumpers. You know what it is FIAT1, I completely understand you but the point is that I know that complaining doesn't make the sport any better... Not even a small thing.. So I just accept what we have at the moment... What I personally want is more American drivers, more ovals, more horse power and no bumpers. Also I find that "F1 tyre rule" on road courses where they have to run both compounds at least once just a complete nonsense.

I simply want a 20 race schedule with 10 road/streets and 10 ovals (well 8 ovals and 12 road/streets is still fine with me too just to take another example), start the season at the beginning of March and end mid October. Also dump the current road course qualifying format, just 1-hour of driving as much laps as you want and who's the quickest after 60 minutes has the pole. One bonus point for pole position, one for the most laps led and ZERO for the drivers who led any lap. I see why people don't care but I just have another vision of IndyCar racing, probably because I followed two series from 1996 until 2001 and left the original IndyCar World Series (CART) after 2001, so I have a different vision since I've enjoyed the racing very much when it comes to AOWR; Before the split, during the split and now after the split. That's where I differ from the rest, probably because I'm Dutch... Because I can tell you that the IndyCar Series back in '05 and '06 was very popular in this country and that was when ovals dominated the schedule which was basically the old IRL with 3 road courses being on the schedule too. NASCAR is very popular over here as well (I don't like it very much), so that may explain why the IRL was popular here too. I want to see some great racing and I get that now. If that schedule changes and gets more balance between road/street courses and ovals and if they remove that bumper, I'm already a happy fan to be honest.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    I have been to IndyCar races before and I like it. I agree with you that the cars should be much quicker and that they shouldn't have bumpers. You know what it is FIAT1, I completely understand you but the point is that I know that complaining doesn't make the sport any better... Not even a small thing.. So I just accept what we have at the moment... What I personally want is more American drivers, more ovals, more horse power and no bumpers. I'm already a happy fan to be honest.
    Open development, no gimmicks ,man and a machine ,speed and more speed , it's all that's needed. Nothing to do what I want, but more about what would work! Those who accept status quo are not interested in building a formula for success.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Open development, no gimmicks ,man and a machine ,speed and more speed , it's all that's needed. Nothing to do what I want, but more about what would work! Those who accept status quo are not interested in building a formula for success.
    The whole point is; I can come up with ideas like I did at the post above you, it ain't gonna happen... What Mark Miles' wants is going to happen... I have to say I fully agree with your post for the rest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some pics from Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma Raceway this past weekend. I was there on Friday and it was dead. I bet less than 200 people total in the stands.

\"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

\"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More road course full course cautions (I'm not counting ovals or streets) in one race than F1 has had in an entire season.
    Well F1 has those damn cranes.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    More road course full course cautions (I'm not counting ovals or streets) in one race than F1 has had in an entire season.
    Yes but this is IndyCar and it doesn't matter what F1 does when crashes/incidents happen..