Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Indycars will start turning right at Indy?

I saw Graham's POV pic driving the wrong way on the front straight. It is certainly odd to see, event though I watched one of the US GPs that was held there.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, according to a fellow poster on another forum who visited IMS recently, the portions of the road course between the oval and either end of Hulman Blvd. (the infield straight) have been removed, but no sign of stakes or a regrading, assuming this means what ammounts to a complete reconfiguration of the infield road course. Still awaiting photographic confirmation.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Foyt against Indy road course race

"In my own opinion, I would hate to see that because Indianapolis 500 has been like the Kentucky Derby," he said. "It's a legendary race, and I think it would take a little bit from the 500.

"Now after the 500, mid-year, something like that, that would probably be fine. But I'd hate to see it interfere with the Indy 500 maybe a week or two before it opens.I don't think it's a good deal, and that's my personal opinion. I don't think you'd have that many people there."

http://www.racer.com/foyt-against-indy- ... le/313502/

If only he would have opposed the split, his legacy of protecting the prestige of the Indy 500 would be unquestionable.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jenna Fryer ?
    #IndyCar is going to have a road course race at IMS. You thought that wasn't going to happen?

Indianapolis Motor Speedway confirms IndyCar road-course race for May 2014
    Indianapolis 500 month will include road race to kick-off festivities

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013092 ... /130929843

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i figured if they were going to reconfigure the road course, turn 7 (the turn onto Hullman) would be made into a left and the road course would exit in a right turn into the north chute. Traffic would then go through oval-turn 3 "backwards" and road course turns 11 & 12 would become part of a chicane before traffic returns to the previous route. i don't feel like drawing a map right now.

Yes i know Hullman leads to a tunnel, but if a strong enough retaining wall were built, traffic could run parallel.

I don't feel like drawing a picture.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd