Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Loose the patronizing tone. You have no idea how long I have been an Indycar or Indy 500 fan.

Gary
    It would only matter what you wanted if you had the keys

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Why not? This is not a bad idea honestly. Move this towards the end of season, in September or October maybe. I am not a fan of rovals, but this sounds better than typical street course. They should try every track possible and pick the winners, financially speaking.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It turns out that this lame idea is being proposed in order to fix what the megalomaniac broke.

Mark Miles clarifies IMS road course stance - Racer.com
    “We only had a few thousand people on [Indianapolis 500] opening day this year and we keep doing the same things and it's not working.”

Then stop doing what you are doing, as that is obviously the cause of the problem. It's way past time to bring back diversity in the field and allow manufactures to run the Indy 500 only.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's no reason to run the 500 only!

Audi always wins at Le Mans because they have the rest of the season to use as a test sessoin.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Americans love ovals right? Why going to add another road course event...
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Americans love ovals right? ..
    No! Do you watch these races? Do you see empty stands? Even with cheapest tickets in any sport IndyCAR is not appealing.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Bringing prestige back to the Indy 500 is enough of a reason to allow it. And like Audi at Le Mans it might lead to more participation in Indycar.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco
    Bringing prestige back to the Indy 500 is enough of a reason to allow it. And like Audi at Le Mans it might lead to more participation in Indycar.
    Please explain how this brings prestige back to the Indy 500? I just don't see the logic. Somehow not allowing a second race at the track makes the 500 more prestigious? Gee if that works, lets talk about having three more oval races there and then say no to them too and add even more instantaneous prestige. We can bring it back to its 1960's glory overnight. Brilliant!

And I have no idea at all what the second sentence is trying to say at all.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Please explain how this brings prestige back to the Indy 500? I just don't see the logic. Somehow not allowing a second race at the track makes the 500 more prestigious? Gee if that works, lets talk about having three more oval races there and then say no to them too and add even more instantaneous prestige. We can bring it back to its 1960's glory overnight. Brilliant!

And I have no idea at all what the second sentence is trying to say at all.

Gary
    Didn't you warn someone else in this thread to loose the patronizing tone? Your own snarky tone does not give me any incentive to spend 30+ minutes writing a well thought out response.

And didn't you also tell me not to put words in your mouth? So please show me where I said, "We can bring it back to its 1960's glory overnight." The prestige of the Indy 500 was damaged with over a decade worth of poor decision making. It's going to take at least a decade of good decision making to restore it.

The second sentence is really very easy, when you read it in context:

Audi always wins at Le Mans because they have the rest of the season to use as a test sessoin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, but they race on the oval twice. Would that work better for you?
    It's still an apples to bananas comparison. Daytona doesn't hold 2 major NASCAR races during the month of February.

If NASCAR ever made that recommendation...well we know that NASCAR values to prestige of the Daytona 500 and they would never make such a suggestion.