Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Visiting the COTA ALMS/WEC race

If you could visit COTA ALMS/WEC weekend just one day, would you go to ALMS race on Saturday or WEC race on Sunday? I am not a big follower of either, but the race track is less than 100 miles away and tickets are cheap.

I am confused about types of tickets. If I get the grand stands seats, will I not be allowed to leave the grand stands and watch the race from other areas?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think I'd have to put the two tickets into a hat and pick one out.
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I think I will just get the grand stands tickets. From my experience visiting V8SC race, the staff only makes sure you don't get into grand stands with a GA ticket.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've only ever been to one race, but I agree with you: I think you buy a ticket for a particular grandstand and you stay there, or you buy one for the GA and stay there; otherwise there would be no point in paying more to get a better view from a grandstand if they let people in from the GA.
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Visiting the COTA ALMS/WEC race

If I get the grand stands seats, will I not be allowed to leave the grand stands and watch the race from other areas?

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts

Re: Visiting the COTA ALMS/WEC race

At most circuits, a grandstand ticket admits you to a particular grandstand plus all the general viewing areas and allows you readmission to the stand after visiting other areas, the bookshops, hot dog stalls, lavatories etc. I can't say if this is the case at this particular circuit.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.