Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A friend passed and gave me some uniforms

Actually, it was a friend of a friend who recently passed.
    But he left a few things behind.
    Five of which are these really cool IndiCar team uniforms.Attachment 3183

So,... I guess I was wondering if there is anything anyone can tell me about them?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    (Oh. The black one that's hard to see is a nylon jacket (circa 1980's??? "Dick Simon Racing.")
    Thanks again,
    Sincerely,
    policetac+

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Soundesign shirt is likely from 1987. Dick Simon Racing. 1987 Marlboro 500 - Racing-Reference.info

The Quaker State and McDonalds ones are hard to pinpoint given the small out of focus image.

The red one on the left is complete unreadable.

Can you take another picture, making sure all of the text is in focus and then upload the photo to Flicker or a Picasa album or something like that and then post a link to it here. You won't be able to post a large image here directly. Ideally take separate pictures of each shirt. But make sure the text is readable.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by policetac
    Actually, it was a friend of a friend who recently passed.
    I'm sorry to hear that man, my condolences..

I personally don't know one single thing about those IndyCar uniforms, but they definitely look awesome... It really makes me think to buy an IndyCar uniform of nowadays.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Ditto that you need better pictures.

A guess would be that the McDonalds may be from the Newman-Hass team and the Quaker State could be from several, but possibly the Porsche powered team.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Ditto that you need better pictures.

A guess would be that the McDonalds may be from the Newman-Hass team and the Quaker State could be from several, but possibly the Porsche powered team.
    I don't recall Newman-Hass ever running a Honda engine, unless it was possibly the 500 that Bourdais raced in the mid 2000's.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    I don't recall Newman-Hass ever running a Honda engine, unless it was possibly the 500 that Bourdais raced in the mid 2000's.
    There was one other team which had McDonalds for a very short period but I don't remember which one, so I still think it was probably Newman-Hass.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    There was one other team which had McDonalds for a very short period but I don't remember which one, so I still think it was probably Newman-Hass.
    You must be talking about Forsythe Championship Racers in 1999 with a single car driven by Tony Kanaan! That's when he got his one and only(!) Champ Car win at the Michigan 5000 after Max Papis ran out of fuel on the last lap. I remembr it all like it was yesterday; unbelievable how so much time has passed now.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.