Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    I agree. Can someone computer-literate post a picture please?
    name a
    And I demand that you apologise to the Jaguar D-Type - the Fry's fin was nothing like a D-Type's!
    Agreed, the D-Type would hardly be flattered by the comparison, but there was a degree of original thinking doing the rounds at that time, ie, `The Toothpaste Tube Connaught`and the Vanwall`s bubble cockpit to name a few, After it`s qualifying debacle at Aintree in 59 when not unsurprisingly it failed to even qualify for the grid, the Fry then re-surfaced a few weeks later at the televised John Davy Trophy race at Brands, where driven by the competent Mike Parkes it actually secured a top ten finish, even though it was`nt running at the end, and after that it appears to have been quietly retired, nevertheless it was good fun while it lasted.

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    To be honest, that looks like it was made by a soon-to-be-sectioned-under-the-mental-health-regulations pram-maker.

It clearly isn't a racing car.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    At the risk of sounding a wee bit thick, can someone tell me in simple terms how to post a picture, nothing I do seems to work (the really sad thing is I'm actually quite bright and have a degree in I.T:mad

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    At the risk of sounding a wee bit thick, can someone tell me in simple terms how to post a picture, nothing I do seems to work (the really sad thing is I'm actually quite bright and have a degree in I.T:mad
    Don't feel badly, I was exactly in your shoes 2 days ago. My son advised me a method that works on my system, its worth a try. There may be easier methods but this one works.

Choose the go advanced button on the reply box
    Select the photo and note the google address. On my system right click on the photo brings up a choice copy image address. click the button.

At top of reply box type in [img]photoaddress[/img]
    You should be able to paste the address after [img] and complete the end bracket no spaces.

Hit preview post button and photo should appear. Then you can type in any desired text.

Try it on a particularly ugly car and post it. You should have no shortage of candidates!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    [img]http://www.dragracingonline.com/race...JR-Carr-ps.jpg[/img] You're not alone, Anfield; I can't post pictures, either! I've just followed D28 instructions (although that is what I had already been trying to do), but the picture just won't appear!
    By the way, I found this picture of a ProStock Mustang, which looks like it's been inflated and is about to burst!
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Wow an actual image - thanks D28.

This thing is the Eagle Flyer, tried to qualify for Indy in 1984

7. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    AS a counter point to D-Types post about the best looking cars, what are the worst lookers, the cars that make young children cry just by looking at them

To start the ball rolling here are a few, I'll post images in the next post (I'll be 15 by then )

March 711, Eifelland EF1, Ensign N179, Ferrar Spazza Neve (never raced forerunner of the 312T series), Cosworth F1.

ferrari spazza neve

why did the Ensign N179 have a firemans ladder stuck to its nose?

cosworth f1

9. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)
    Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettian
    [img]http://www.dragracingonline.com/race...JR-Carr-ps.jpg[/img] You're not alone, Anfield; I can't post pictures, either! I've just followed D28 instructions (although that is what I had already been trying to do), but the picture just won't appear!
    By the way, I found this picture of a ProStock Mustang, which looks like it's been inflated and is about to burst!
    Make sure to use the GO Advanced button and hit preview post, looks the same otherwise.

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    Further to my post on the Brabham BT52, as suggested by Anfield5 in the Aesthetically pleasing thread, here is the car it beat to the 83 title, which was -

Which, as I said, was no -

Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

12. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)

Don't what it is but it was at indy