Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    I'm glad to be reminded of Jean Ragnotti. I'm not big on my rally knowledge, but that was an excellent drive.

He was a seriously talented driver, in a varied number of disciplines.

Did he not do some of the early development testing of the F1 Renault Turbo chassis also?
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    I'm glad to be reminded of Jean Ragnotti. I'm not big on my rally knowledge, but that was an excellent drive.

He was a seriously talented driver, in a varied number of disciplines.
    Indeed. Here is some footage of him in the 11 Turbo on that Portuguese Rally: 1987 WRC Rally Portugal. - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    Did he not do some of the early development testing of the F1 Renault Turbo chassis also?
    Don't know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bertie fisher on 1990 manx
    he had led event and driving excellently but ended up punturing and had to settle for 2nd

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ford power
    bertie fisher on 1990 manx
    he had led event and driving excellently but ended up punturing and had to settle for 2nd
    His drives to second on the 1983 and 1987 Ulster Internationals in Manta 400s are also favourites of mine.

On the subject of the British Open championship, Jimmy McRae's near-miss on the 1987 Scottish, losing what would have been his first home win with a mistake and a gear linkage problem on the final night and ending up second by 10 seconds, also stands out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nearly forgot about this but the bolshikh brothers on 1990 killarney rally in a m3
    first time over didn,t have a clue about the stages and the weather wosn,t great
    ( what with the ice/frost and snow on some parts of the stages )
    finished second to fisher after some incredible driving in fact they held the record on the kilmacillogue stage until 1998

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Graham Hill`s epic performance at Silverstone in 1960, was right out of the top drawer, having stalled his BRM on the start line, necessitating a push start after the remainder of the field had disappeared out of sight ,he then carved his way through the entire field in extraordinary fashion, eventually taking the lead from Brabham, and then with victory in sight, he inexplicably spun at Copse,..... a sad end for a fantastic drive.

7. Likes: Fortitude (8th January 2022)
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2
    Schumacher Brazil 2006, he was flying in that race.
    Helped partly by Massa slowing his pace so as not to lap Schumi and also to help Schumi conserve his tyres and then go for maximum attack later on the same stint.

And all but Kimi gladly let Schumi pass.

In the same race Sato finished 10th in the Super Aguri in their B spec car which was originally an old Arrows chassis modified for that season. There was no points for 10th then but the way Sato and the rest of the team reacted it was like a race win.

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Very strange the Senna-Toleman-Monaco race isn't here... Although he crossed the line first, he didn't win It was a brillant race and the birth of a new Hero!

10. Likes: Fortitude (8th January 2022)
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2
    Schumacher Brazil 2006, he was flying in that race.
    One of my favourite drives for sure

As you mentioned he was absolutely on it in that race. It showed that at that stage he was still quick and should have stayed for another year or two and then retired. In the end he left so Massa could stay with Kimi coming to the team, a few more competitive seasons from the great were lost.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I remember a year when Dave Metcalfe took a Nova GTE to 4th on the Manx rally against much more potent machinery

Sent from North Korea using the dark network
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.