Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    Does the old maxim of “You’re only as good as your last race” still apply?
    Yep, alas it tends to be so...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I would say a mixture of both.

Speaking generally I would say that the Tifosi are the most fickle fans. But when you see how devoted to the team they are, you can hardly blame them. They just want their team to win.

I wish I was fickle right now, It would be much nicer supporting a team other than Williams right now.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fickle, definitely fickle.
    But thats no different than 95% of fans of any other sport. When one of the fundamental principles on which all sports are built is competition - almost forcing people to take sides - it's hardly surprising.

Did Massa mess-up? Yup.
    But his intentions were good (overtake!) and no one other than him suffered.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Both, I think. Its the same with any sport.

Also, many of you are appearing to write off Massa despite the fact there is still 15-something more races this season. Okay, he stuffed up and drove a dismal race, but I'm damn sure he'll work hard not to stuff up like this again. Give him a chance, he's still bloody quick.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I think that anyone who goes off on one about a driver (or a team or car) on the basis of one performance isn't a true F1 enthusiast
    It's not just one performance, it's his whole career. I vividly remember him taking himself and his team-mate out in Monaco 2005, and lots of these stupid mistakes have happened during his career.

Expectations had risen on Massa after he showed he was quick (we always knew that) and appeared to have improved in terms of reliability. The incident in Malaysia proved the opposite, that he still makes mistakes under pressure, and thus I think he never will be WDC even if he wins a couple of times while he has a good car.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    I vividly remember him taking himself and his team-mate out in Monaco 2005
    Not too vividly obviously, because it was Villeneuve who took Massa out. Not the other way round.