Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    I'm not sure about India - with church membership only 1.58% of the population any influence would be minimal.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    I'm not sure about India - with church membership only 1.58% of the population any influence would be minimal.
    The world is controlled by less than 1% of the population. Don't underestimate minorities in anything
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Does anyone own a flexfuel car ? Is there any noticeable difference between e85 and straight petrol/ gasoline?
    Has anyone been to Brazil to drive an e100 car?

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Does anyone own a flexfuel car ? Is there any noticeable difference between e85 and straight petrol/ gasoline?
    Has anyone been to Brazil to drive an e100 car?
    I don't own one, and if I do get one it will get gas with as little ethanol as possible in it.

Some of the newer vehicles that are flex fuel actually make more power on E85 now. Quite a few of the GM vehicles show dyno numbers with both fuels. But MPG plummets, to the point that there are several tests saying the range is shorted so much that taking long trips becomes an issue with fuel stops. Unless they practically give it away, E85 isn't a value for the consumer, at least here in the US.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I don't own one, and if I do get one it will get gas with as little ethanol as possible in it.

Some of the newer vehicles that are flex fuel actually make more power on E85 now. Quite a few of the GM vehicles show dyno numbers with both fuels. But MPG plummets, to the point that there are several tests saying the range is shorted so much that taking long trips becomes an issue with fuel stops. Unless they practically give it away, E85 isn't a value for the consumer, at least here in the US.
    Not to mention that. here at least, E85 costs more than regular gasoline. Not exactly the way to get the vast majority of folks to embrace it.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    I have a Dodge Caravan that is flexfuel, but E85 is not common here. The odd time when I go to the US I have filled up with E85. If memory serves me correctly, it was about 50 cents cheaper per gallon. I didn't notice any difference in fuel consumption, but last winter (at about -20C) I did notice it was tougher to start the car when cold with E85 in the tank. I googled it afterwards and the tougher starting in cold does seem to be quite a common issue.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    E85 is pretty common in the midwest US but still not available everywhere. I tried running 3/4 E85 and 1/4 premium a few times in my Subaru and it really ups the feeling of power but as you may expect shortens the range. I knew a few Subarus and Mitsubishis turned for E85 that safely made a lot of power, but economy wasn't really part of their plan.