Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    The overtaking conundrum is a constant for Red Bull. A straightline deficit is catastrophic news on a fast track like Spa or Monza. Especially with cars like McLaren and FI suffering a lack of downforce, which makes them faster on the straight. They'll probably still get past, but if they need 3 laps to pull it off, Lewis is off and away by then. They only had the McLarens to worry about last year and they could rely on McMerc either effing up a pitstop or blowing up some part or other. This year the Mercedes are in the mix and that wasn't in the script...
    Lotus has the same problem, they're always slow on the straights, or if they aren't it's due to having taken downforce off.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I hope Lotus PDRS works at Spa. Hope for another victory for Kimi there.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I hope they have shortened the DRS zone on the Kemmel straight this year. The last two seasons passing has been for too easy here due to an overpowered DRS.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    A differentnt type of track than they have been running lately, and one Ferrari will do well at due to the stability of their braking. They will also excell at Monza! Vettel of course should be the favorite especially if it rains and Lotus will be nowhere in that case. If it is dry It will be a toss-up. with Kimi getting all he can handle from Rogro.
    Should be a good race for a change.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Ahhhhhh.....SPA! The best circuit in the world after the ring
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Kimi for the win.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    Unless the Scuderia hit the upgrade jackpot, then they will outsiders for a podium.

And by using the word "jackpot" I am deliberately implying that there are elements of luck and coincidence required.

It is clear that intentional and planned improvement is beyond us.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi is king of Spa ring. He needs this win very much and I hope that he can do it.

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    Kimi is traditionally strong around Spa for sure. I expect Red Bull to be stronger. Section 2 should show any lasting weakness of Mercedes in race trim. Hungaroring was too similar in setup to Monaco and possibly flattered Mercedes on race day.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    Kimi is traditionally strong around Spa for sure. I expect Red Bull to be stronger. Section 2 should show any lasting weakness of Mercedes in race trim. Hungaroring was too similar in setup to Monaco and possibly flattered Mercedes on race day.
    I think you may not give Merc enough credit. Hungary was HOT and the tires held up. Merc did not "slow-down" the field like The Rosberg needed to do in Monaco.
    I think they'll be mighty.

I also hate to say this, but i see RoGro having a serious chance for his first win here. He's slowly but surely showing better pace than Kimi.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent