Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Hard to say. The Ferrari had great straight line speed, but did appear to have a lot more rear wing than the Red Bull. I think Newey is getting a lot more downforce out of the car than most teams, and thus doesn't need a lot of wing to provide more.

It also seems that the gearing was giving the RB a quicker to upper revs run, while Ferrari seemed to be a bit slower to rev up top but had blazing speed once it got there. I would imagine DRS can make the gearing selections tricky on many tracks.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    Perhaps Webber's lackluster performance at Spa was due to distractions :

ailor:
    Can't be, she aint hot enough to distract anyone.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Well I did hear someone in the commentary say that Ferrari had a good top speed in this race.

However, I couldn't help noticing how distinctly the Red Bulls sounded like blown exhausts again in this race. Have a listen to the car during medium speed corners from an outside camera, it's as clear as they were in 2011 again, so they've completely got around the rules to get it all back again, and that is why Vettel was able to make up so much ground on Hamilton through Eau Rouge on the first lap and then clear off on lap 1. I'm afraid I think it's game over for the rest for this year.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    I respect your opinion.

Nothing I have seen so far suggests that Mercedes did not gain a huge advantage from that test. Comparing their tyre management now to pre-test does nothing but suggest they benefited, and also shows that the YTD was not a satisfactory compensation for their rivals.

I cannot get to enthused by Mercedes on-track improvements because of this.

I'm sorry if that view offends, but so does ignoring it and hyping up current performance.

Were Hamilton to win the championship (very unlikely, though it excites the press) then it would be tarnished.
    If Merc were to win the WCC, maybe you could argue it was because of the tyres, but as the Pirelli's are different to what they were when the Merc's were chewing them up......

It wont tarnish any win by Lewis AFAIAC, whether that be win a race or a WDC.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    I'm afraid I think it's game over for the rest for this year.
    Myself as well, this is about the time last season that RB's developments (or Ferrari's lack of) really changed the game. It's hard to imagine them getting overtaken in this arena, especially by Ferrari, as much as I hate to admit it.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    After Kimi had to pit with a brake problem, the race was not so fun for me.

Congratulations Seb!

Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts
    If was great to see formula 1 cars live after couple of the years. Weather was good for Spa, especially on Friday. Small rain on Saturday wasn't bad and didn't last long time. But it was pity that Kimi retired. We're seeing race begin of the Kemmel and there weren't any screens. I noticed that Kimi disappeared so I think he went to pit. I got to know after 2 days that Kimi retired. I was hurrying to podium that I haven't had time to see results from the screens. It was very hard to run to podium with my heavy camera gear. But I would do that again!

Here are my 195 photos about the weekend. I'll make later better gallery. The current one is made during the trip with hurry.