Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi& Lewis - both did an excellent job.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Webber. From 9th to 4th
    "There are some things that you can fulfil with money, but at the end of the day these are not the things that make you happy. It is the small things that make life good." - Sebastian Vettel

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Marvelous drive by Lewis. Other than Grosjean, I don't think anybody else put on a GP2-like show the way he did today. Kimi had a good result, but those two (Lewis and Romain) really spiced things up and made this one of the best races so far this year IMO.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Hamilton - Though I do wish he would stop complaining every time his race engineer asks or tells him anything technical.

Grosjean was good apart from his move across the front of Button, I didnt think it deserved a penalty though, nor his pass of Massa.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Grosjean was good apart from his move across the front of Button, I didnt think it deserved a penalty though, nor his pass of Massa.
    It is good to see that even Massa agrees he didn't deserve the penalty.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Hamilton - Though I do wish he would stop complaining every time his race engineer asks or tells him anything technical.

I'm delighted to hear him do this. I always felt that this was one of Hamilton's weak points. When he was at McLaren he was just a yes sir man. I'm impressed to see him finally finding his voice and to be honest, he's the one in the car and we only hear snippets of what is going on. You can't judge whether he was justified in doing it or not. He's super smart and I doubt very much he would have been complaining without reason.

Either way, I'm glad he's finally finding his voice.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I'm delighted to hear him do this. I always felt that this was one of Hamilton's weak points. When he was at McLaren he was just a yes sir man. I'm impressed to see him finally finding his voice and to be honest, he's the one in the car and we only hear snippets of what is going on. You can't judge whether he was justified in doing it or not. He's super smart and I doubt very much he would have been complaining without reason.

Either way, I'm glad he's finally finding his voice.
    yup, and the "diff-settings" are all about handling preferences, which he was quite happy about. Even Brundle who normally always takes the side of the team over the driver, had to interject his co-commentators remarks and explain that this call was rather an annoyance and was not about tire or fuel conservation, but plainly about ride preference, which Hamilton was comfortable with and intuitive enough to change it as he sees fit. Also echoed by Johnny Herbert as well, after the race.
    The guy was leading the race and pacing himself quite nicely. Hamilton had previously asked to be informed what the drivers around him where doing and instead h gets a message about diff settings instead. That wasprobably part of his annoyance as well.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I look at these radio transmissions sort of like I do reality TV. We only hear what the FIA or FOM wants us to hear. Over the course of a race, there are probably thousands of transmissions back & forth. But we only hear a small handful. And so I've begun to think that the powers-that-be release transmissions in a way that paints a driver the way they want him to be portrayed or viewed by the public... much like a reality TV "star".

But that's OK. Unlike some other forms of motorsports (*cough cough* the IRL) at least F1 understands that people watch these races more for the personalities and action than just to watch the pretty cars with fancy paint jobs circulate. I'd gladly pay good money for a season-wrap DVD that included more of the radio transmissions. I'd love to be able to tap into the Kimi Channel.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hamilton and Kimi for sure. Mention goes to grosjean aswel. Although with romain it seems to be one step forward and two steps back....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Kimi kept Seb by for moore than ten laps. I give it to him.

Lewis drowe well, just as well ás Seb when he starts from poole.