Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm happy. A1 Ring is one of my favorite tracks!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great to have a race at a classic circuit and in a country like Austria with racing culture and not some random country in the middle east without any racing culture what so ever.
    Peterson | Piquet | Schumacher

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JH32
    Great to have a race at a classic circuit and in a country like Austria with racing culture and not some random country in the middle east without any racing culture what so ever.
    But racing culture has to start somewhere. Without introduction of new countries, racing as a culture will not spread.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    But racing culture has to start somewhere. Without introduction of new countries, racing as a culture will not spread.
    The empty grandstands at some of the newer venues suggest that Formula 1 doesn't start racing culture. Surely grass-roots motorsport is where racing culture really starts.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    It is nothing like the old Circuit but I always enjoyed the Races at the A1 ring.

The tight and short nature of the track always led to incidents and action. I think sometimes people forget that beacuse they so loved the previous track layout.

Same as Hockenheim. I loved the old layout more, but some of the racing at the new version has been better, if not as challenging.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Been driving this track on the XBOX game Racedriver Grid 2 and it seems like there are a few good overtaking spots!
    Not to keen on the name but hey ho it's a track that I felt deserved a place on the calendar.
    Overall looking forward to the track!

You never know we may see another Austrian back in F1 soon! Rene Binder looks like the best bet.
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    No Austria in that list, either that list is an error or Red Bull are telling porkies
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears
    http://www.f1-fansite.com/2014-f1-calendar/

10-12 October. Unless the link I provided is incorrect. Shame about Bahrain provisionally opening the season.
    No Austria in that list, so either that list is wrong or Red Bull are telling porkies
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I am sure Red Bull will be giving it all sorts of hokie pokie to try and get their track into F1. Afterall the having winning in F1 sorted out, why not switch attention to getting a race on the calender.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    We are never going to see tracks like the Nordschleife, Bern-Bremgarten, the old Österreichring or old Hockenheim again. In today's day and age, where everything has to be hyper-safe, so that nature can't weed out the sick and the stupid anymore, we'll have to make do with tracks like the RB-Ring and Tilke'd Hockenheim. So we can just as well try to make the best of it.
    Wow, that's depressing.

At least we can chase the old greats in the virtual world, where they live on better than ever. So they're not gone for good.
    "There is no victory in death." - Gilles Villeneuve