Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo was....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking Turbo was....

Awesome !

I had really low expectations going into this movie but was pleasantly surprised by the story and the wit and humor of the screenplay and story. The Speedway and IndyCar looked incredible as portrayed in the movie and they even got Dario Franchitti's bushy eyebrows in the movie . The theatre was packed when I saw it during a matinee on a Thursday here in Chicago. Families of kids and parents all pretty well behaved but visibly awestruck by the scenes of our wonderful sport. GOOD JOB DREAMWORKS

Thank You Randy Bernard... We hardly knew you before you were heinously ushered out of IndYCar
    EVERYONE GO SEE IT
    ����
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Great to read, I will definitely watch it as soon as possible... It won't be earlier than October that it will be in the cinema's over here but I'm not gonna wait for that...
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    DreamWorks Animations’ original Turbo (3,806 theaters) which opened Wednesday will have one of the company’s worst openings since company started

I guess people just don't know what Indy used to mean

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tony George's destructive actions reach out to Hollywood as well

Shares of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. fell 4.5 percent Monday after an analyst predicted a writedown of as much as $50 million on the new movie “Turbo,” citing a disappointing opening at the box office.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just saw Turbo again and again I would say the the theater was about 70% full and there was enthusiastic applause after the end. It's a shame it went up against pretty stiff competition (The Conjuring, Despicable Me 2). I think if people would actually go see it they will enjoy it ... HEY THAT'S JUST LIKE THE REAL INDYCAR SERIES
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    ... HEY THAT'S JUST LIKE THE REAL INDYCAR SERIES
    +1
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    +1
    +100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Turbo was.......

A mildly, entertaining, children's cartoon.

A movie that debuted at a disappointing 3rd in it's first weekend box office.

A movie that garnered a mediocre 64% rating from rotten tomatoes.

A movie that will have a miniscule if any effect on the popularity of IndyCar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the cars in the movie look better than the real DW12. Sorta like a combination of a GP2's nose, previous Dallara's airbox, and current DW12's sidepods and wheel guards.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess any kind of publicity about IndyCar and the Indy 500 to try and raise awareness is good.