Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Pray tell, how do you know this? You do not know the circumstances.

You can't honestly say that Martins' attack wasn't provoked; mainly because apart from Martin and Zimmerman, there were no other witnesses. Therefore any remarks about this being "perfectly justifiable" or even a "proportionate response" are entirely conjecture because no-one apart from Martin and Zimmerman would know what the response was in proportion to. Zimmerman is a biased party and must be treated as an unreliable narrator and Martin is dead.

You do not know the circumstances which happened. Nobody apart from Martin and Zimmerman do. For that reason it is impossible for a prosecution to construct a case providing proof beyond reasonable doubt; why the jury delivered a not guilty verdict.
    The jury believed that Zimmerman was over eager and had come to be the only one who cared enough to try to protect the residents--one juror cited the fact that Zimmerman had gone to the aid of a person whose residence had been broken into, bought a lock and replaced a lock to the woman's backdoor that had been broken, when someone broke in and robbed her. This juror said none accepted the prosecution's wannabe cop theory. She also said that given the circumstantial evidence and the crime scene evidence, they believed Martin threw the first punch. They believed the witness who said Martin was on top and Zimmerman on bottom who was crying for help. They believed that Martin did not know that Zimmerman had a gun, but thought that Zimmerman's statement that he thought Martin was trying to get the gun was probably what Zimmerman believed. ------------------------- ------------------------------What they did decide was that regardless of who followed who and who threw the first punch, Zimmerman was in fear for his life underneath Martin and given the clear and really never disputed evidence of the ongoing beating from Martin, Zimmerman was justified in believing he had no other choice but to shoot to save his life.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I have to agree (please note that I removed your knuckle dragging liberal comments), the only verdict that could be reached (due to the fact that Zimmerman shot the only other witness) was not guilty. But the law does need to be looked at, should the law really allow people to go chasing trouble and then when they get it, to go shooting people?
    Once again, not true. There was another witness and forensic evidence that gave clear testimony that in those last few seconds, Zimmerman reasonably believed the force to be necessary to keep him from being beaten to death

I saw the interview late last night on CNN. For those who want an incredible and clear account of the trial, it may be found here:http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/1...ranscript.html ---------some parts of it
    COOPER: When George Zimmerman said that Trayvon Marten reached for his gun, there was no DNA evidence. The defense said, well, had testimony in, well, it could have gotten washed off in the rain or the like. Do you believe that Trayvon Martin reached for George Zimmerman's gun?
    JUROR: I think he might have. I think George probably thought that he did, because George was the one who knew that George was carrying a gun. And he was aware of that.
    COOPER: You can't say for sure whether or not Trayvon Martin knew that George Zimmerman was carrying a gun?
    JUROR: No.
    COOPER: So you can't say for sure whether or not Trayvon Martin reached for that gun?
    JUROR: Right. But that doesn't make it right. I mean, it doesn't make it -- there's not a right or a wrong. Even if he did reach for the gun, it doesn't make any difference.
    COOPER: How so?
    JUROR: Well, because George had a right to protect himself at that point.
    COOPER: So you believe that George Zimmerman really felt his life was in danger?
    JUROR: I do. I really do.
    COOPER: Do you think Trayvon Martin threw the first punch?
    JUROR: I think he did.
    COOPER: What makes you think that?
    JUROR: Because of the evidence of on the T, on the sidewalk, where George says he was punched, there was evidence of his flashlight and keys there, and then a little bit further down, there was a flashlight that he was carrying. And I think that's where Trayvon hit him.
    COOPER: So you think, based on the testimony you heard, you believe that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor?

JUROR: I think the roles changed. I think, I think George got in a little bit too deep, which he shouldn't have been there. But Trayvon decided that he wasn't going to let him scare him and get the one-over, up on him, or something. And I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him.

More of same:
    COOPER: Why do you think George Zimmerman found Trayvon Martin suspicious then?

JUROR: Because he was cutting through the back, it was raining. He said he was looking in houses as he was walking down the road. Kind of just not having a purpose to where he was going. He was stopping and starting. But I mean, that's George's rendition of it, but I think the situation where Trayvon got into him being late at night, dark at night, raining, and anybody would think anybody walking down the road stopping and turning and looking, if that's exactly what happened, is suspicious. And George said that he didn't recognize who he was.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    ..... because no-one apart from Martin and Zimmerman would know what the response was in proportion to. Zimmerman is a biased party and must be treated as an unreliable narrator and Martin is dead.
    Martin, were he alive, would also be a biased party and unreliable narrator of course.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Fortunately in the UK Neighbourhood Watch consists of old folk peeping round their net curtains and tutting a lot
    the cake-gargling granny brigade
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    JUROR: I think the roles changed. I think, I think George got in a little bit too deep, which he shouldn't have been there. But Trayvon decided that he wasn't going to let him scare him and get the one-over, up on him, or something. And I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him.
    yep
    United in diversity !!!

more--and there will be more tonight:
    COOPER: The prosecution tried to paint George Zimmerman as a wannabe cop, overeager. Did you buy that?
    JUROR: I think he's overeager to help people. Like the lady who got broken in and robbed, while her baby and her were upstairs, he came over and he offered her a lock for her backsliding glass door. He offered her his phone number, his wife's phone number. He told her that she could come over if she felt stressed or she needed anybody, come over to their house, sit down, have dinner. Not anybody -- I mean, you have to have a heart to do that and care and help people.
    COOPER: So you didn't find it creepy that -- you didn't find it a negative? You didn't buy the prosecution when they kind of said he was a wannabe cop?

JUROR: No, I didn't at all.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Once again, not true. There was another witness and forensic evidence that gave clear testimony that in those last few seconds, Zimmerman reasonably believed the force to be necessary to keep him from being beaten to death
    Did you actually read my post? I was agreeing with you......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Anyway for those interested, part 2 will be presented tonight. Interesting is that she says she was shocked about all the media circus after the trial, and is giving her interview without being paid. She has also considered writing a book, but says if she does, she will not receive money from it.