Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Did you actually read my post? I was agreeing with you......
    There was a witness to when the fight was on-going. There were the 911 calls. What I disagreed
    was this:the only verdict that could be reached (due to the fact that Zimmerman shot the only other witness)
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    There was a witness to when the fight was on-going. There were the 911 calls. What I disagreed
    was this:the only verdict that could be reached (due to the fact that Zimmerman shot the only other witness)
    Did anyone actually see things happening clearly though? That's what I mean in terms of a witness.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Anyway for those interested, part 2 will be presented tonight. Interesting is that she says she was shocked about all the media circus after the trial, and is giving her interview without being paid. She has also considered writing a book, but says if she does, she will not receive money from it.
    The part that most people are trying to emphasize, and also what she mentions as well, is that Zimmerman created the situation, he should have stopped before it got there, he put Martin in a position where HE clearly felt threatened and chose to become the aggressor.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    The part that most people are trying to emphasize, and also what she mentions as well, is that Zimmerman created the situation, he should have stopped before it got there, he put Martin in a position where HE clearly felt threatened and chose to become the aggressor.
    Martin "clearly" felt threatened? Or was he just just pissed off? Not you, I or anyone else knows that for sure.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    I don't have any problem with the right to defend yourself.

But then again, I still struggle to comprehend how Zimmerman got no conviction, while Marissa Alexander got 20 years in jail... go figure.

Fla. woman Marissa Alexander gets 20 years for "warning shot": Did she stand her ground? - Crimesider - CBS News

The only thing in common between those two cases was a gun was involved. Main reason she got such a high sentence was the mandatory minimums they have in Florida for gun crimes.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    They both could have made different choices to alter the situation that night. But zimmerman wasn't doing anything illegal, and he had legitimate reasons to be concerned about crime in his neighborhood to begin with, as well as to be suspicious of martin. Martin decided to break the law and assault someone for no good reason. He had a good 4-5 minutes to get home when his house was only 30 or so seconds away. He wasn't scared. He wanted a fight.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    .... But zimmerman wasn't doing anything illegal....
    Nor was Martin.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Nor was Martin.

You mean besides assault and/or attempted murder?

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    You mean besides assault and/or attempted murder?
    Before Zimmerman approached him, Martin was doing nothing illegal.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Before Zimmerman approached him, Martin was doing nothing illegal.

In summary, zimmerman wasn't doing anything illegal and martin was. Welcome to 4 posts ago, Matlock.