Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Obviously Glock and Kovalainen are key names, but sadly after going to backmarker teams there careers have plummetted.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Kova and Glock are the big names and would be near their teammates, but I think Mike Conway would make a good showing.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    David, David Coultard

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Schumacher is obviously the best of all of them but he won't return to the sport now having finally called a day on his racing career.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Alain Prost

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Given the lack of a heated debate, it looks like the departed F1 drivers are missed, but not much. My personal favorite:

Bourdais: He may have looked bleak racing the same car with Vettel, but the guy is still a great talent, having competed successfully in open wheels (3 time Champ Car champion) and sports cars (3 time 2nd place finish in LMP1 class in 24 hours of Le Mans). Unfortunately, he was stuck driving with not so great cars/teams in IndyCar the last couple of years. Still, it was kind of funny to see this guy go take a part in a couple races as a "guest" in V8SC and Grand Am prototypes last year, and teach them a lesson by winning both.

Petrov: The guy whose drive in Abu Dhabi in 2010 denied Alonso a third championship win.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Given the lack of a heated debate, it looks like the departed F1 drivers are missed, but not much. My personal favorite:

Bourdais: He may have looked bleak racing the same car with Vettel, but the guy is still a great talent, having competed successfully in open wheels (3 time Champ Car champion) and sports cars (3 time 2nd place finish in LMP1 class in 24 hours of Le Mans). Unfortunately, he was stuck driving with not so great cars/teams in IndyCar the last couple of years. Still, it was kind of funny to see this guy go take a part in a couple races as a "guest" in V8SC and Grand Am prototypes last year, and teach them a lesson by winning both.

Petrov: The guy whose drive in Abu Dhabi in 2010 denied Alonso a third championship win.
    To be honest. I never got interested in Bourdais. Mostly failed to inspire me, although a few races stood out.

As for Petrov taking Alonsos title. I think that race every car appeared stuck in position, so maybe even if it had been someone else Alonso would not have past.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    If I was a team owner and had to choose a driver from former F1 drivers, then to be honest, it would be a tough choice between Kobayashi, Kovalainen, Glock and Alguersuari. Maybe I forgot someone. Petrov's ultimate potential IMO is a tad bit lower than these guys. Though he proved to be a solid driver over the past two seasons, he didn't leave me an impression he can really stand out on occasion like the other four can. Same with Buemi. But it would be a very close call, I'll give you that.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    If I was a team owner and had to choose a driver from former F1 drivers, then to be honest, it would be a tough choice between Kobayashi, Kovalainen, Glock and Alguersuari. Maybe I forgot someone. Petrov's ultimate potential IMO is a tad bit lower than these guys. Though he proved to be a solid driver over the past two seasons, he didn't leave me an impression he can really stand out on occasion like the other four can. Same with Buemi. But it would be a very close call, I'll give you that.
    To me Petrov stood out in his last race in 2012, when he helped Caterham team to secure the valuable top 10 position. I think Petrov's biggest fault was that he did not have a good manager. Petrov had a manager who jumped the ship and took the job for herself at Caterham once they fired him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Deffently not Petrov that's for sure!
    Other then the Abu Dhabi race in 2010 he was extremely poor! He didn't deserve a seat in f1 in my opinion

I would choose Kobayashi and then close behind Sato an incredably quick driver just extremely unlucky! Maybe to much of a risk, I love the guy.

I have always been a fan of Karun Chandhok the nicest f1 driver ever fact! He regularly outclassed Bruno Senna and was extremely unlucky to not stay in F1! I would love to see him back in a faster car but doubt it will happen. I have always felt he had had the talent in any car he has driven.

If I was entering an F1 team
    Kobayashi and Chandhok would be my 2 Drivers!
    With maybe Sato as a reserve.
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!