Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Would have enjoyed seeing Robert Kubica try to make a comeback.
    Is he really out for good?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edv
    Yes! I have forgot about Kubica. I want to see Robert in F1 again, just like you!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    As much as I hate to admit it, I think his F1 days are over.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    It is sad we have lost Robert. He could have changed the course of currant F1. By which I mean he was good enough to have been in a top car and challenge the order that we have seen.

Not saying it would have, but he was good enough to have mixed things up a bit maybe.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Is it too early to say Mark Webber?

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I think that arm's never really going to heal completely Too bad, because he is one of the rare super talents. I remember one particular formula 3 race, where he drove a one year old car to 3rd. That's when I knew that I was witnessing a future champion.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I think that arm's never really going to heal completely Too bad, because he is one of the rare super talents. I remember one particular formula 3 race, where he drove a one year old car to 3rd. That's when I knew that I was witnessing a future champion.
    He wasn't really that much better than Heidfeld, so I don't think he is/was a super talent. Just a very good driver who in the right car would easily be a world champion, but not quite on the level of Alonso, Hamilton or Kimi.
    Sadly, from what we have heard his arm is too damaged for F1 and he has been away for too long now anyway, his F1 career is finished.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    It is sad we have lost Robert. He could have changed the course of currant F1. By which I mean he was good enough to have been in a top car and challenge the order that we have seen.
    He was supposed to race in Lotus-Renault in 2011. The 2011 Lotus car was terrible, and received very little development since mid-season or so. A podium or two is the best he could have gotten out of it in 2011. The 2012 Lotus was pretty good and assuming he still had a seat at Lotus, I think he could have done much better than Grosjean, who crashed so many times in 2012. It's a question mark where Kubica could be in 2013. He might have moved on to McLaren to take Hamilton's seat (and have a lousy season) or stay at Lotus and have a better season.

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    There is still some hope Kubica will be back, he is testing Mercedes simulator regulary. He starts in rallies in WRC2 category, and already collected 2 wins. The problem is the rotation of his elbow and limited space in F1 cockpit, due to this he has problems in very tight left corners like for example in Monaco. In March he said he could drive on 80 % of circuits. There was some more optimism in his words recently. In the interview on the tests before Rally Finland he said he saw more chances for come back than one year ago. He usually very carefully says about this chances.

Personally I think Kubica had a potential to compete with Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, and Raikkonen in proper car. Also think 2010 season shows best his abilities, as Renault better suited him.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Have to say Jaimie Algusuari deserves to be in a seat somewhere on the grid. Drove very well for an uncompetitive STR team and was pretty much stabbed in the back by Red Bull (yet another one!). Kept his eye in well as Pirelli test driver, was (by all accounts) all but assured of a race seat for this season before a money bags pay driver took his seat. Oh and Petrov is quite good too.