Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Isle of Man races

I think with 2 more deaths today, it is time to shut down racing at isle of man
    Yes, I understand its long tradition, etc

but it has become the closest thing we have to death races.
    It's almost a guarantee that somebody will die every year...3 so far in 2013

With many riders being semi-professional or amateur, it is simply not worth the death toll it is racking up.
    Lets hope the last RIP we will issue will be for the Isle of man races.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I have to agree, it is an unacceptable loss every year at the TT and the current event. I know its the pinnacle of what is left of road racing, but it simply isn't safe. There are many places on the circuit where is you crash you will die. The riders will always race, always want to test themselves, but I do think maybe they need to be protected from themselves

Sent from North Korea using the dark network
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    That would be very hard for me to accept--- -I have never been there but I love this event, esp when I was able to see it in high def. OUTSTANDING!!!!! Of course, I started as a fan in the early sixties of motor racing, and the first serious crash fatality was bandini's horrible death by fire at Monaco in 1967, so I sort of grew up with it as being part of the something that gave racing its edge. -------- My big concern is that the spectators are not properly protected and most are not smart enough to know that if a bike loses it, there is no way with human reaction time being what it is, they can get out of the way
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I think with 2 more deaths today, it is time to shut down racing at isle of man
    Yes, I understand its long tradition, etc
    Why are you singling out the Isle of Man here? The Southern 100 that you were referring to is more akin to the Irish road races and the Macao Grand Prix than the "traditional" Isle of Man races over the mountain course.

Dude no doubt that race is too much dangerous but i think this craze is not finished but anyway its good game for the entertainment...