Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Personal insults

Please cut out the personal attacks. Even if you think the person you are attacking somehow 'deserves' it, if you post a personal attack you are damaging the forum. So stop.

And regards to the reply you are about to post - think....
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    think....

ailor:
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark

I have restrained from replying to our resident Troll recently but when someone comes on just to insult members, drivers and is intent on being purposely negative, people will respond in kind.

Ban Trolls or live with the aftermath. I don't care either way but its silly to moan about it when the situation is allowed to perpetuate. We've both been here too long not to know this.

Besides, a good war might spice things up a bit

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Mark

I have restrained from replying to our resident Troll recently but when someone comes on just to insult members, drivers and is intent on being purposely negative, people will respond in kind.

Ban Trolls or live with the aftermath. I don't care either way but its silly to moan about it when the situation is allowed to perpetuate. We've both been here too long not to know this.

When you have a thread which has a dozen off topic replies before I even get to it, it becomes impossible to sort out the mess.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Mark

So , Knockie , Marks asks you to stop and your answer is no ?

Think , indeed .

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Personal insults

I'm with knock-on in regards to the problem. I haven't resorted to giving personal insults to the problem yet, but I think it brings the forum down having an individual who is so rude and disrespectful towards nearly every member. The best option would be for everybody to put them on the ignore list, but how many are realistically going to do that? It's obvious this previously banned member will keep coming back no matter what, so I suppose its up to the rest of us not to bite. Easier said than done though.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I always wonder generally why people cant post in a more friendly way.

Fine disagree, but there isn't always the need to grind your fellow poster into the ground. I think all of us have done that at some point which shouldnt be.

However when a poster is so aggressive all of the time its hard to leave alone or reply with reasoned arguement when the response is constantly that slamming posters or drivers.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    The question here is, why is this allowed to go on for so long? It wasn't a phenomenon that popped up yesterday. That person did that consistently for at least 10 days and no moderator did anything. Other members are (publically) admonished, but a rude person picking fights on purpose is simply ignored by the mods. It's hard to keep patient in such a case.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    You know , I've seen a lot of posters come and go on this site , and many of those we've lost have had real value , in terms of knowledge .
    Some of them have been very rude indeed , but often , that rudeness has been in response to a flip comment or a "piling on" for a particular driver the poster likes .

It's often a devil's advocate position that I take when anyone is picked on , and the last few days have been a little like that , I'm afraid to say .

That Lewis was being a little schizophrenic in a few comments lately was a fair comment , but it was met with a pretty nasty reception .
    I was going to enter that fray , but sadly it was closed before I could .

I've been here more than a dozen years now and so far I've never managed to find myself banned .
    There's no big secret to it .
    Just , don't be a jerk .
    And , don't respond in kind to a jerk , but rather , with reasoned response .

If you make a well reasoned argument , and then add an unfavourable nick-name to the mix , the well reasoned argument is often missed entirely .
    That really pi$$es me off , but i'm not pissed at the responder , I'm mad at myself for not making myself clear enough to be understood .

If I am going to bother making any response to a thread , I want it understood .

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'm with knock-on in regards to the problem. I haven't resorted to giving personal insults to the problem yet, but I think it brings the forum down having an individual who is so rude and disrespectful towards nearly every member. The best option would be for everybody to put them on the ignore list, but how many are realistically going to do that? It's obvious this previously banned member will keep coming back no matter what, so I suppose its up to the rest of us not to bite. Easier said than done though.
    It takes less time to enable the ignore function than to pen even one reply!

As someone once said: "Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Or alternatively, Proverbs 26:4:
    "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."
    It seems Solomon anticipated the internet