Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Really ?
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    Really ?
    You'd better not be questioning him? He's from Netherlands Antilles you know.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I want see Kimi in cockpit very fast bolid, and I want see russian pilot in peloton. Petrov is good pilot and he is worthy to be in F1. But Sauber promises what we will see Sirotkin in Formula One in 2014 season.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Sergei Sirotkin in F1 next year?

Well, what can I say. I have to say that he caught my attention already last year in Auto GP, when he was only 16 years old. And he is doing a solid job in WSR too alreadythis year. He is a driver, who could have some serious potential I have to say. But the problem is that as he is so young, he is quite a few years behind other drivers in development curve and it would take quite some time before he reaches his true potential.

We remember Button and Räikkönen getting into F1 without much prior experience, but didn't do too badly in their debut seasons. Vettel was only 19, when he was drafted in mid-season, yet had two strong wet-weather races at the end of 2007. But the problem is that Sirotkin is even younger and less experienced than all these guys were and has even a steeper development curve. I hope all goes well and he shows some potential already in his debut year at tender age of 18, but it's not going to be without setbacks.

Another thing is that hopefully the sponsors have the vision to back him long-term, because very obviously he is not going to deliver to his full potential straightaway. Red Bull backed Alguersuari for 2.5 years before they decided he wasn't good enough (in terms of winning a championship). And hopefully the young man has the right mindset to show continuous improvement, because it is easy to think that life is easy at the first signs of promise.

Though I just remembered once WRC driver, who started at 18 in the big league and had a "five-year-project". Matthew Wilson was his name. :

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I agree Jens. All the drivers you mention done well at a young age without much experience at a lowly level, but all had talent.

The worry is that more and more drivers of only average standard are being risked because of Money.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Sergei Sirotkin in F1 next year?

Well, what can I say. I have to say that he caught my attention already last year in Auto GP, when he was only 16 years old. And he is doing a solid job in WSR too alreadythis year. He is a driver, who could have some serious potential I have to say. But the problem is that as he is so young, he is quite a few years behind other drivers in development curve and it would take quite some time before he reaches his true potential.

We remember Button and Räikkönen getting into F1 without much prior experience, but didn't do too badly in their debut seasons. Vettel was only 19, when he was drafted in mid-season, yet had two strong wet-weather races at the end of 2007. But the problem is that Sirotkin is even younger and less experienced than all these guys were and has even a steeper development curve. I hope all goes well and he shows some potential already in his debut year at tender age of 18, but it's not going to be without setbacks.

Another thing is that hopefully the sponsors have the vision to back him long-term, because very obviously he is not going to deliver to his full potential straightaway. Red Bull backed Alguersuari for 2.5 years before they decided he wasn't good enough (in terms of winning a championship). And hopefully the young man has the right mindset to show continuous improvement, because it is easy to think that life is easy at the first signs of promise.

Though I just remembered once WRC driver, who started at 18 in the big league and had a "five-year-project". Matthew Wilson was his name. :
    Even if Sirotkin got a drive in 2015, he would be only 19 - still in the top 3 of youngest drivers ever.

I have a feeling that if his backers want him on the grid next year, he'll be there.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    I agree Jens. All the drivers you mention done well at a young age without much experience at a lowly level, but all had talent.

The worry is that more and more drivers of only average standard are being risked because of Money.
    The difference is, Button, Alonso, Kimi and Vettel, who all came to F1 at a very young age, had thousands upon thousands of test mileage before their first Grandprix. Young drivers these days are thrown in at the deep end with little more than a shakedown lap due to the ridiculous testing ban.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Even if Sirotkin got a drive in 2015, he would be only 19 - still in the top 3 of youngest drivers ever.

I have a feeling that if his backers want him on the grid next year, he'll be there.
    I don't really know Sirotkin but I find it rather worrying that they want to throw him into a F1 seat without enough previous experience. I fear that he will not be able to adapt because of his unexperience and so his career (and reputation) might be destroyed even though he might have the talent to be in F1.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    Silly season?

Carlos Sainz for the 2nd Red Bull seat !
    didn't do too bad in the Toro Rosso
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    The difference is, Button, Alonso, Kimi and Vettel, who all came to F1 at a very young age, had thousands upon thousands of test mileage before their first Grandprix. Young drivers these days are thrown in at the deep end with little more than a shakedown lap due to the ridiculous testing ban.
    yup
    and estaban G. is living proof.
    Even Jaime Alguersari too
    you can't argue with results.