Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin
I liked the Grand American's two class format. It kept things simple and all the fans had a basic understanding of what was going on. I've never liked apples and oranges racing, performance adjustments, etc. I like a straight up fight where the rules are the same for everyone.

I'de imagine what GA is doing now is making it possible for everyone who has a car to race, and they will streamline things down later when they see how it plays out.
The class structure will be reworked a few years later. I believe the goal is to become more compatible with the mainstream GT and prototype racing, and specially Le Mans. I heard in two-four years, the FIA and ACO (the organizers of 24 hours of Le Mans) have a plan for new GT classes that will replace the GT3 and GT2 (the current Le Mans class) as well as LMP2. At that point, the TUSCC may supposedly go along with the new specifications. The current class structure is not too bad in TUSCC. The P class will have like 15-18 cars in a typical race, the LMP2 cars, the Daytona Prototypes, and the Delta Wing. The GTD class will have a lot cars too, like 20 of them, half of them Porsche 911 GT America. The GT LeMans class is more expensive and meant for factory teams and pro all-drivers, so it will have less cars, but I hope the battles in it will be just as epic as in ALMS's GT class in the past. The only class I don't like is PC. It's a spec prototype class, so somewhat boring and unnecessary at this point, specially since PC cars will be using up slots that could be used by P, GT, or GTD cars.