Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amilk View Post
    Yeah old story about organiser, promoter, FIA, money.. we discussed many times here but don't mix the things. I just poorly see the rally itself which is a good one (was 10 times there since mid 90's) and promote the sport on a better way than some other rounds. Also like the peoples and the country. Of course you see more the big picture as insider...
    Acropolis was successful all these years for the wrong reasons... to put it lightly.

Now that the Europeans woke up and realised the nature of the people living in there the situation changed... and naturally the rally as well.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Oh come on now.Europeans ans especially FIA are no angels.Everything happens for money and as Greece lacks the funds to pay a few millions to FIA Acropolis will be out.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I can tell you stories about Chinese rallies.... and no way, i mean NO way will a China round come to the WRC unless the FIA have an office and full team to organise it.

The Chinese rally championships doesn't have a calendar until a week before the first round, no set in dates for rallies... and the few men - i mean 4-5 men who organise the rallies in China, suck money out of the cities who host, sponsors etc and keep it for them selves... then the military who like to patrol the stages and won't let media or fans to spectator points.... ohhhh... don't get me started.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Oh come on now.Europeans ans especially FIA are no angels.Everything happens for money and as Greece lacks the funds to pay a few millions to FIA Acropolis will be out.
    So, an event that doesn't pay their bills to Eurosport, FIA, WRC Promoter etc should just be allowed to stay on the calendar?
    Or get a special 'poor country' discount rate?

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    No nothing from that.Of course the bills should be paid.But losing quality events to events with more money will not help the sport.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    OT, but Loeb looks like 70 in that picture.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Not going to happen with the troubles in that area......well I hope not, and which round would they sacrafice? Jordan hardly pulls in crowds and definately is not a big car market target!!

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
    Well, I hope yes. In 2011 there were problems due to the ongoing conflict in Syria as the frigates supposed to dock there then they go to Jordan. I still see this is not an issue. They still can dock in Israel and come to Jordan.

I dont know why forum users complain about lack of spectators in Jordan Rally. Yes indeed, the numbers not like you see in Europe, so what? Are you afraid of the image that "oh no, not enough numbers of spectators are appearing in the video/pic footage, this will reflect bad on our beloved sport", well if FIA does not care about that, all they care about is the money.

If they care about their fans, at least they will give us something proper to watch, better coverage better service!!

That link about Al-Attayiah lobbying to get Jordan Rally back is somehow 2 weeks old, as I posted it in the news section, but it was written in arabic and in local newspapers, local newspaper also mentioned that they might move the rally from Dead Sea area to Aqaba south of Jordan, in Wadi Rum. Beside the link said Loeb won twice, well, Ogier won 2011 not Loeb.

Well, Jordan rally proved to be an exciting event in the 2008,2010 and 2011. 3 different drivers winning that event, alot of drama, and the record of 0.2 sec win margin.
    Last edited by Frostmourne; 30th August 2014 at 12:31.

10. Likes: vino_93 (30th August 2014)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    But if the proposal of changing location from Amman to Aqaba will be approved, then the conflict area wont be so close. And in few km there are three borders for 4 countries! Big occasion for a multi-country event!